What Power Adaptors do you take for Australian Power Cords

Matkai

On 9/19/2022 at 3:15 PM, OzKiwiJJ said:

However I requested that Princess check our Aldi travel adaptor onboard during the second sea day - no terminal security there! They still claimed it was a fire hazard! 

This has evolved on what it used to be. I thought they were overstepping the mark in not returning your adaptor kit to you, as all I have read on the FAQs refers to surge protected boards. I was just sifting through my passage contract for 2 weeks time, for other reasons and found the following, which would suggest they can prohibit anything electrical if they want to on safety grounds.

22. Prohibited items

To ensure a safe and enjoyable holiday for all Our guests, items which may pose a risk to the safety of guests and crew are not allowed to be brought onboard Our ships including: Irons, kettles, coffee machines, baby bottle warmers, candles, heating devices, illegal drugs, illicit substances, flammable liquids, weapons (including knives of any kind), hoverboards (Flyboards or similar devices), remote control devices of any kind, such as drones, and power boards with surge protection devices. In addition certain electrical items and personal grooming devices, such as power boards (without surge protection devices), laptops, phone and camera charges, hair dryers and straighteners, curling irons and shavers may be allowed onboard if they are deemed to be in a safe and proper working condition, and used with proper caution. However, if such devices are deemed to pose a hazard, they will be confiscated and available for collection at the end of the cruise.

Edited by arxcards
'