Princess.com website

Stosh68

I created an account on the website several weeks ago, and since they use a scrolling list of years, I accidently entered my birth year incorrectly. My bad. The website will not let you edit your date of birth, instead it directs you to call 1-800-PRINCESS.

368220908_princessdob.jpg.ae6903f1711ee397d79eb814c43b75bd.jpg

So I called to correct the issue, the operator was friendly and wanted to be helpful, but she was unable to update my year of birth.  I don't know if its because she was unfamiliar with how to do it, or if it just wasn't possible for her to do it.  She transferred me to OceanReady app department, and I explained my date of birth in the app was incorrect and not self-correctable.  (The DOB is wrong on on the medallionclass app too.)

This is when the train went off the rails.  This new operator kept insisting my birthdate was correct, and that I was just not logging into the app correctly.  After about 10 minutes of this nonsense, I gave up and ended the call.

To make matters worse, I just tried to sign into the website again, and now I have to redo the registration process and my Captain's Circle membership number has changed.

I have a reservation to import, but I'm afraid to do so until by DOB is correct, doubly so because now the  Captain's Circle number my travel agent has is different from the one princess.com is now showing.

So, anybody have experience calling them to correct this type of problem?  Is this something I should even worry about now?  Will it slow embarkation?  Can I just fix this when I get on the ship and can talk to an actual human in person?

Edited by Stosh68

5 minutes ago, Stosh68 said:

I created an account on the website several weeks ago, and since they use a scrolling list of years, I accidently entered my birth year incorrectly. My bad. The website will not let you edit your date of birth, instead it directs you to call 1-800-PRINCESS.

So I called to correct the issue, the operator was friendly and wanted to be helpful, but she was unable to update my year of birth.  I don't know if its because she was unfamiliar with how to do it, or if it just wasn't possible for her to do it.  She transferred me to OceanReady app department, and I explained my date of birth in the app was incorrect and not self-correctable.  (The DOB is wrong on on the medallionclass app too.)

This is when the train went off the rails.  This new operator kept insisting my birthdate was correct, and that I was just not logging into the app correctly.  After about 10 minutes of this nonsense, I gave up and ended the call.

To make matters worse, I just tried to sign into the website again, and now I have to redo the registration process and my Captain's Circle membership number has changed.

I have a reservation to import, but I'm afraid to do so until by DOB is correct, doubly so because now the  Captain's Circle number my travel agent has is different from the one princess.com is now showing.

So, anybody have experience calling them to correct this type of problem?  Is this something I should even worry about now?  Will it slow embarkation?  Can I just fix this when I get on the ship and can talk to an actual human in person?

I do think it makes a difference.  Your booking info and photo ID must agree.  I have never tried to correct such a problem but if you have a travel agent I would seek help there.  If not, I would call Princess again, hopefully you get someone that is more helpful.   

2 hours ago, Stosh68 said:

You definitely must correct your DOB.  It must match your passport and your name should match also. You can’t wait till you get on the ship.

I would call your TA. Did you make final payment already?  You have a Captain’s Circle number?  Was this an old account or new one?

If you’re a new cruiser, and final payment has not been made. Your agent should be able to rebook, under the correct DOB and resign up for the Captain’s circle.

Call your TA and explain.  It’s not really the Medallion team that would fix this. It should be Princess customer service or transfer to Customer Solutions if they can’t do it.  Once it’s corrected, the App should show correctly also.

3 hours ago, Stosh68 said:

Most important thing is what @PacnGoNow wrote above:  "It’s not really the Medallion team that would fix this. It should be Princess customer service or transfer to Customer Solutions if they can’t do it.  Once it’s corrected, the App should show correctly also.".

Unfortunately, things got made worse when you thought you should re-register. 

You mentioned having a TA.  Had the TA made a booking for you?  If so, the TA will know who to get on the line to correct your record.  You do not want to be correcting your record in the MC App - you need it corrected in the main Princess booking system.  The MC App just gets info fed to it from the main system.  If you call in yourself, make sure you select options to get a booking agent rep.  Do not take the options for help with MC App.  You do NOT want an OCEAN Navigator messing with trying to help you as this is outside their scope.

This should be an easy correction.  They should fix your original setup and delete the other one.  Or just have it ignored or set dormant (not sure what exactly they do with duplicate setups). 

When you made your booking did a TA or Princess do it or did you do it yourself?  If Princess or a TA did it they may have manually entered your correct birthday onto your booking if you provided it to them.  Ask the Princess Representative to verify that your DOB is correct on your current booking.  If no, ask them to correct it. That’s an easy fix for Princess. Making sure your booking is correct is the top priority.

Then let the Rep know you may have provided the wrong DOB when creating your account on the website and ask if they can assist you or if they can ask the Captains Circle Department correct it.  Lastly, let them know that when trying to fix the login info for Princess you accidentally created a second captain circle number so now you have 2 numbers ( provide them if you have them). Ask them to delete/merge the duplicate. 

As Steelers36 mentioned this isn’t a Medallion issue. It’s a captains circle/ princess website issue. 

• Like 1

My cell phone is old, so can't download Medallion.  I chose to check in using the web version.  I entered my credit card information under "payment method".  My credit card expires on 03/2024.  When I entered "03" under the "expiration month", the system returned an error "expiration must be after your journey ends", and won't let me continue.  Yes, "03" which is March is after my journey ends in Nov., but the year is "24".  The system seems to look at the month only and not the year of expiration.  Has anyone had this problem?

• Thanks 1

On 9/3/2022 at 3:13 PM, Stosh68 said:

When they did one of the updates (IIRC back in May), they changed my DOB w/DH and DH DOB w/mine.

Had to email the oceanmedallion fixers to get it back the way it was supposed to be.

1 hour ago, JF - retired RRT said:

When they did one of the updates (IIRC back in May), they changed my DOB w/DH and DH DOB w/mine.

Had to email the oceanmedallion fixers to get it back the way it was supposed to be.

In the case of our friends, same BD issue, but it was also wrong in the booking system (Cruise Personalizer), so I don't see it as an OCEAN Medallion team fix.  It needs a booking agent that can fix in POLAR.  I wonder if they passed it along or how it got fixed.  My friends were fixed and now they are screwed up again.

1 hour ago, Steelers36 said:

In the case of our friends, same BD issue, but it was also wrong in the booking system (Cruise Personalizer), so I don't see it as an OCEAN Medallion team fix.  It needs a booking agent that can fix in POLAR.  I wonder if they passed it along or how it got fixed.  My friends were fixed and now they are screwed up again.

Possibly. I had emailed the Medallion team with a laundry list of things that were screwed up. That was only one of them.

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

@JF - retired RRT You had to get CS involved, didn’t you? A callback

from emailing execs?  Hope you’re good now.

I started with emailing the Medallion fixers in May. They fixed a couple of things, then broke more with the next upgrade.

DH couldn't log in at all (app or website)

I could log in on the website but not the app, however couldn't get into the web-based version

DOBs were reversed

I was assigned DH's middle name (I don't have one)

DH went from being Elite to Blue newbie

Security photos disappeared and reappeared randomly

on & on

Kept waiting for a fix and finally gave up & emailed Padgett & Swartz. Got a quick response by phone from someone who had been assigned to help and all the errors were slowly resolved.

Still a couple of small things, but I told my personal "fixer" to tell the Medallion people to leave it alone!😅

56 minutes ago, JF - retired RRT said:

I started with emailing the Medallion fixers in May. They fixed a couple of things, then broke more with the next upgrade.

DH couldn't log in at all (app or website)

I could log in on the website but not the app, however couldn't get into the web-based version

DOBs were reversed

I was assigned DH's middle name (I don't have one)

DH went from being Elite to Blue newbie

Security photos disappeared and reappeared randomly

on & on

Kept waiting for a fix and finally gave up & emailed Padgett & Swartz. Got a quick response by phone from someone who had been assigned to help and all the errors were slowly resolved.

Still a couple of small things, but I told my personal "fixer" to tell the Medallion people to leave it alone!😅

Good idea!  

• 1 month later...

So, thanks for all the info.   They were having issues with the website the date I first called, so I called again last night to get my birthdate fixed and my multiple captain club numbers merged.

And they messed it up AGAIN.

I spoke with a nice lady, and I told her my birthdate on the princess.com website was wrong and that I have multiple club numbers.  She said she would take care of it, and put me on hold.

When she came back, she said she just talked to the Medallion app team and that they could not fix the problem.  I was very polite and told her, I am not having a problem with the Medallion app, I am having a problem with the princess website and the captain's club, please transfer this to the captain's club team to fix.

After 5 minutes on hold, she told me both issues were fixed.

I waited until this morning to log into the website to give time for the change to occur and now I have three captain's club number's and my birthday is still wrong.

The people on the phone try to be helpful and are pleasant, but they are totally incompetent. 

Not sure I want to try on the phone for a third time.    At this point, I would rather tell them to delete my membership and account so I can start fresh, but if they can't change a simple birthdate, I don't see how they could figure out how to delete an account.

Edited by Stosh68

9 minutes ago, Stosh68 said:

So, thanks for all the info.   They were having issues with the website the date I first called, so I called again last night to get my birthdate fixed and my multiple captain club numbers merged.

I spoke with a nice lady, and I told her my birthdate on the princess.com website was wrong and that I have multiple club numbers.  She said she would take care of it, and put me on hold.

When she came back, she said she just talked to the Medallion app team and that they could not fix the problem.  I was very polite and told her, I am not having a problem with the Medallion app, I am having a problem with the princess website and the captain's club, please transfer this to the captain's club team to fix.

I waited until this morning to log into the website to give time for the change to occur and now I have three captain's club number's and my birthday is still wrong.

The people on the phone try to be helpful and are pleasant, but they are totally incompetent. 

Not sure I want to try on the phone for a third time.    At this point, I would rather tell them to delete my membership and account so I can start fresh, but if they can't change a simple birthdate, I don't see how they could figure out how to delete an account.

Have you tried getting help via the chat button on the bottom of the Princess website screen? I have gotten good help from that several times. 

49 minutes ago, Stosh68 said:

What a mess.  You just need a knowledgeable Princess CS agent to go into their computer system (polar) and make corrections.  This is a website issue not App team.  

Did you ask your TA for help?