Shuttle bus to Porto

Kittyonions

Hi Everyone,

We are visiting Porto on our Ventura cruise in October. Can anyone advise if P and O provide a shuttle bus from the port to Porto City centre. Also, if anyone can give advise on booking a short Douro river cruise independently, that would be much appreciated. We have booked Select fare, so hoping to get free transportation!

Hello and yes, shuttle transport is provided.  On our Ventura cruise a few months ago the bus took us right to the bustling riverside area, which was fabulous. On a previous P&O cruise years ago, we were dropped off in the city centre itself and as it was raining heavily, didn’t make the walk down to the river, so I’m very happy to have seen it in lovely weather too.

Sorry, I know nothing of booking an independent river cruises on the Duoro

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/6/2022 at 3:56 PM, Fionboard said:

In April I did the excursion that included city panoramic tour by coach, river cruise and wine cellars visit. Do not usually do tours but found this one very good value.

We did that too and agree with you. 

On 9/4/2022 at 7:16 PM, Kittyonions said:

Hi Everyone,

We are visiting Porto on our Ventura cruise in October. Can anyone advise if P and O provide a shuttle bus from the port to Porto City centre. Also, if anyone can give advise on booking a short Douro river cruise independently, that would be much appreciated. We have booked Select fare, so hoping to get free transportation!

Hi.

We took the hop on/off bus into Porto but would use the shuttle next time.

There were no Hop on staff or kiosks at the terminal gates, just a bus stop sign.

If you do want to try; turn right at the port gates and wait at the beach end of Rua de Tomaz Ribeiro (coincidentally there's a bus stopped there on Google maps at the moment!). I think it was 40 minutes into town, and we got off at the river trip area anyway. We took the same route back as well.

We booked the Douro River cruise independently which was fine. We didn't take to option of wine tasting etc. This was done through Porto: River Douro 6 Bridges Cruise | GetYourGuide

Have a great cruise.