Does HAL still have cooking classes?

rifter

I was on a HAL cruise recently and was surprised that they never offered culinary classes ... which is oft advertised on their site under the "Port to Table" experiences. We were on the Koningsdam which was supposed to have a Culinary Arts Center (we thought).

Going on another HAL cruise soon (Koningsdam) and was wondering, did they discontinue cooking classes? Are they coming back in our post COVID world or was that they were removed in the first place?

5 minutes ago, rifter said:

I was on a HAL cruise recently and was surprised that they never offered culinary classes ... which is oft advertised on their site under the "Port to Table" experiences. We were on the Koningsdam which was supposed to have a Culinary Arts Center (we thought).

Going on another HAL cruise soon (Koningsdam) and was wondering, did they discontinue cooking classes? Are they coming back in our post COVID world or was that they were removed in the first place?

Classes were on the way out pre-covid,   They no longer have classes.  Occasionally that have a cooking "demo' but even those seem to be gone now a days

If I remember correctly the culinary arts centre in now club orange.  As the previous poster said the cooking demos are mostly gone but there are some culinary cruises on hal that might interest you.  See the story linked below.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/holland-america-lines-2022-culinary-130000377.html

Currently day 9 into a 14 day Rotterdam cruise and no cooking demo mentioned.

I believe that on some Pinnacle class ships they did a cooking demo in BBKing lounge pre Covid, but I have heard of nothing since.

Sea day tomorrow so it may be the last chance!

So basically, no more port to table program and "select voyages" really means A VERY narrow pick of culinary themed cruises. Bummer.: Our Port to Table program brings the culinary traditions of the destination to life on board. On select voyages, try local flavors at a food & wine tasting, add a new recipe to your repertoire at a live cooking demonstration by guest chef, or indulge your senses at a fine dining event.