UNSUPERVISED Testing Embarkation Process Experience

mickeychicky

Just got back from our cruise, Port of Tampa.  I used the free test we got from the post office.  Downloaded the app that is listed on the box, iHealth. Walks you thru the steps.  Answer a few questions within the app.  Emails you the result with your name and date. 

I printed it out and also had it on my phone to show.

I also wrote my name and the date I took it on a piece of paper, placed the negative test on the paper and took a photo.  Brought the piece of paper & the negative test (kept it in a plastic baggie) showed everything to out check in agent.  All was easy peasy. 

• Like 3

On 9/9/2022 at 1:42 AM, LightCruiser210 said:

I just got on Breeze for a short trip to Cozumel and back.(09-08-2022).  I administered the self tests for me and my SO and took the pictures with our names and the tests on a blank piece of paper etc. etc.  When we got to the port(Galveston) the lady checking us in asked us if we were fully vaccinated or not.  I answered “not vaccinated”, and she simply moved on to scan our faces and waved us on to boarding without asking any additional questions or asking to see our tests.  YMMV

Already love the new process in Galveston.  Exactly as it should have been for the last two years!!

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/7/2022 at 10:58 AM, Joe817 said:

Ok, I feel like I'm totally out of the loop. I was under the firm impression that NO testing was required to board the ship....only show your vax card, and other usual boarding docs. Am I mistaken? 

Its NCL that follows science and no one has to test. Maybe that is what confused you. 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, pirate4me2 said:

Anyone have any recent experience with this? We cruise next month to the Western Caribbean (Roatan, Cozumel, Costa Maya) and wondering how the process out of Port Canaveral is. 

We just got back Saturday on the Panorama.  All I did was take the free tests we had on hand. Wrote out names and dates on a piece of paper, held them up and we each took a picture of us with the negative test results and the paper.

The person checking us in was confused but he went over to chat with his supervisor and came back and said" ok let me look one more time". He did and that was it and on we went! Easy peasy. 

4 hours ago, Sotermarler said:

We just got back Saturday on the Panorama.  All I did was take the free tests we had on hand. Wrote out names and dates on a piece of paper, held them up and we each took a picture of us with the negative test results and the paper.

The person checking us in was confused but he went over to chat with his supervisor and came back and said" ok let me look one more time". He did and that was it and on we went! Easy peasy. 

Thank you! Hard to believe it’s that easy. 

On 10/11/2022 at 6:48 PM, pirate4me2 said:

Thank you! Hard to believe it’s that easy. 

I know, I was worried and ready to bring up the policy, but no need. He just looked and let me pass through. Woot, woot.
As HardEight mentioned it really is just a dog and pony show at this point. 

• Like 1

Just off the Magic..check in was literally a breeze.  The lady at check in looked at our pictures of negative tests and made sure our names matched with our documents. Checked us in, gave us our boarding passes and we walked on the ship. 🛳️🥳😍 It was a great cruise and we are so grateful to be able to cruise again! 

1 hour ago, SeaPink0409 said:

Just off the Magic..check in was literally a breeze.  The lady at check in looked at our pictures of negative tests and made sure our names matched with our documents. Checked us in, gave us our boarding passes and we walked on the ship. 🛳️🥳😍 It was a great cruise and we are so grateful to be able to cruise again! 

Yes us too! Super happy to be cruising once again.

• Like 1