POSITIVE COVID RESULT

iloveglee

Can anyone please clarify for me exactly how you go about getting denied boarding due to your having been in close contact with a person with covid.  The terms and conditions on ncl are fuzzy to say the least.  

On the terms and conditions, if you have had close contact with a person with covid, you will be denied boarding.  The person with covid, and cabin companion can cancel.  But, what are the fellow travellers, who have had close contact with you supposed to do.  Go to the port, possibly incubating covid, for them to say you cannot get on.  It seems that situation is not covered by  cancellation, which the person with covid is.  

I have been on live chat, spoken to a cruise consultant, and obviously all they can tell me is what I can read for myself.  Further than that they have no clue.  Fine, to tell you what your responsibilities are relating to covid, but no clue whatsoever as to how to go about this.  We are travelling as a group of 4, in 2 cabins, one of whom has developed some symptoms which could be covid, may not be, but I am wanting to get myself prepared for him to get a positive test.  We have all been in close contact with one another over the past week or so, in which case  the terms and conditions suggest we will be denied boarding.  We are all booked to fly to athens on the same flight booking, and travel to the airport on the same train booking.  

By the time we have our result, the phone line which is office hours will be closed.  So then what.  I'd really love to hear from anyone who has actually been in this situation, and how they dealt with it.  I cannot believe that this has not happened to quite a few people.  Should say we are sailing from Athens, who do still require testing to be done. 

I believe that at this time it would only apply to people in the same cabin, as far as cancellation/refunds go.  Basing that on various posts from people trying to get refunds in similar situations. Companion can cancel, those in another cabin are denied refund/fcc from NCL.  Insurance may pay, would depend on your policy if you choose to cancel.

Unless you linked your cabins (which they apparently don't do anymore), they would have no way to know your association with someone who canceled, so you wouldn't be denied boarding if you have a negative test.

4 hours ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Where are you finding this?

It's right on the COVID-19 cancellation policy - https://www.ncl.com/refund-and-cancellation-policy-covid-19

Denial of Embarkation or Reboarding; Quarantine and/or Disembarkation

• If you, your family members, travelling companions or other close contacts are denied embarkation or reboarding, or are quarantined or disembarked during the voyage, due to a positive COVID-19 test or being suspected of having COVID-19, you and they are entitled to a prorated refund, or an optional Future Cruise Credit (“FCC”), for the amount paid to Norwegian in the event of denial at embarkation, or the unused portion of your fare in all other cases

27 minutes ago, hallux said:

It's right on the COVID-19 cancellation policy - https://www.ncl.com/refund-and-cancellation-policy-covid-19

Denial of Embarkation or Reboarding; Quarantine and/or Disembarkation

• If you, your family members, travelling companions or other close contacts are denied embarkation or reboarding, or are quarantined or disembarked during the voyage, due to a positive COVID-19 test or being suspected of having COVID-19, you and they are entitled to a prorated refund, or an optional Future Cruise Credit (“FCC”), for the amount paid to Norwegian in the event of denial at embarkation, or the unused portion of your fare in all other cases

But the OP stated:  "if you have had close contact with a person with covid, you will be denied boarding".. 
The policy you quoted above does not say anything about someone just "being close to someone with covid".   It deals with an actual positive test result, which is understandable.
Just being in contact with a covid + person, does not mean you are automatically going to get covid.  

• Like 4

58 minutes ago, Catnip said:

But the OP stated:  "if you have had close contact with a person with covid, you will be denied boarding".. 
The policy you quoted above does not say anything about someone just "being close to someone with covid".   It deals with an actual positive test result, which is understandable.
Just being in contact with a covid + person, does not mean you are automatically going to get covid.  

Thank you.  This is very much what I was about to post.  NCL's policy doesn't say that they WILL deny boarding for a close contact, only that if they DO deny boarding they will issue FCC.