Penthouse Veranda question

goldengatecruisers

Good Morning.  I am considering my first Viking ocean voyage and in reviewing options within the PV1/2/3 categories I note two different window/door configurations in the website images when you select accommodation.   Some images present with a sliding door plus an additional floor-to-ceiling window.   In other images only a sliding door.  My preference would be to have the extra window to bring more light into the stateroom.  Is it that the additional floor-to-ceiling window features in a particular sub-category, such as PV1 but not PV2/PV3? 

Thank you for helping understand how to select the right sub-category.

Ashley

So, from what I understand the only difference between PV1, 2, & 3 is where they are on the ship. The window difference can show up in any of the categories, also based on where they are on the ship. Someone recently posted numbers for some of the rooms that had the door and window, but I can't seem to find it anywhere. 

15 minutes ago, goldengatecruisers said:

Good Morning.  I am considering my first Viking ocean voyage and in reviewing options within the PV1/2/3 categories I note two different window/door configurations in the website images when you select accommodation.   Some images present with a sliding door plus an additional floor-to-ceiling window.   In other images only a sliding door.  My preference would be to have the extra window to bring more light into the stateroom.  Is it that the additional floor-to-ceiling window features in a particular sub-category, such as PV1 but not PV2/PV3? 

Thank you for helping understand how to select the right sub-category.

Ashley

All the PVs should be identical save the left-hand / right-hand layout. 1, 2 & 3 represents where on the ship they are, PV1s costing more.

There used to be a mistake in the online brochure where a PS picture is used for a PV cabin. 

3 minutes ago, Haqdeluxe said:

All the PVs should be identical save the left-hand / right-hand layout. 1, 2 & 3 represents where on the ship they are, PV1s costing more.

There used to be a mistake in the online brochure where a PS picture is used for a PV cabin. 

Haqdeluxe: Not true. PV's can either have a slider or a large picture window on one side and a hinged door on the other. There are posts on CC which delineates which cabin (by number) has  the a slider or window door combo. All the larger Penthouse Suites have BOTH the slider and a large picture window.

• Like 3

We have had the PV with a slider and one with a window and hinged door.  We prefer the window and door vs a slider.  We place the chair on the wall between the two and bring magnetic hooks and lanyards to capture the drapes to one side and the other.  It really opened for the view and light.

42 minutes ago, sundaycreek said:

Thank you for the information.  We prefer the slider because we are in and out many times a day.    DH has a habit of “accidentally” letting doors slam so we usually leave it open.

You’re not meant to leave the door open though for the HVAC. 

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Mich3554 said:

We have only ever had a slider in the PV rooms we had, but will have a door and window on our WC.  I guess we will find out which we prefer!

Michelle - we'd had only the slider in PV rooms (by choice).  Then our last cruise, Midnight Sun, in July, they gave us a last minute (literally as we were checking in) from DV2 to PV1.  PV1 had the door and window, so we got to try it.  It was just fine! 

Again, the PV rooms alternate as you move down the ship - 2 Slider Rooms, then 2 Door Rooms, and son on.  Here is the list I've posted before.

Viking Ocean - PV Rooms with Sliders.pdf

17 minutes ago, CCWineLover said:

Michelle - we'd had only the slider in PV rooms (by choice).  Then our last cruise, Midnight Sun, in July, they gave us a last minute (literally as we were checking in) from DV2 to PV1.  PV1 had the door and window, so we got to try it.  It was just fine! 

Again, the PV rooms alternate as you move down the ship - 2 Slider Rooms, then 2 Door Rooms, and son on.  Here is the list I've posted before.

Viking Ocean - PV Rooms with Sliders.pdf 207.95 kB · 1 download

We are in 5084 on the Neptune come Dec.  When I booked us, there were not a lot of choices for PVs.  TBH, I never even thought about using sliders to cull my slim choices.  I’m ok with it.