Princess Upgrade List

annroger

Hi, Wondering if it is usually a good idea to be on the Princess Complimentary Upgrade list? Since they don't allow you to see the room change and ask if okay or not, I am wondering if it most often turns out to  be a good thing?

thanks

Ann

1 hour ago, annroger said:

Hi, Wondering if it is usually a good idea to be on the Princess Complimentary Upgrade list? Since they don't allow you to see the room change and ask if okay or not, I am wondering if it most often turns out to  be a good thing?

thanks

Ann

Sometimes, but not always.  The location could be an issue for many.

If you pick the highest category say an inside cabin and they upgraded you to an Ocean view or balcony, I’d say that was worth it, maybe.  Only because I don’t like insides.  
But, sometimes you have a balcony and get a higher category balcony, it may be a noisy location, etc.

Many variables. Not sure there will be many free upgrades any more.

But try it, if you’re game.

• Like 2

The answer is “ it depends”.  If you have a cabin you love, in a location you want then “no upgrade” might be best.  If you are open to being moved, but only to a higher cabin type ( inside to balcony for example) then “meta upgrade” would be best.  If you don’t care where they move you, which often can be the same type of stateroom but in a different area, then “any upgrade” is the choice.

With the new bidding process it’s likely that the number of complementary upgrades will be greatly reduced. 

• Like 1

I’ve always said NO.  One time I was given an upgrade and despite being a better class the location was awful.  I always try to stay on deck 8, usually an ocean view midship or mid-ship aft, so I’m one flight from Crooners (my favorite bar).  I can do a couple flights of stairs.  I was upgraded to a balcony… on deck 12… way forward.  It was awful.  I had to take the elevator constantly and the hike forward was the pits.  No upgrades for me!

• Like 2