Delos from Mykonos

• 4 years later...

We just took the ferry from Mykonos to Delos last month. In May there were 3 ferries 9,10 & 11 over to Delos and three back 12, 1:25 & 3. It was 12 euros for the ferry and 5 euros for the entrance to Delos. May be more ferries during the snmmer although it was pretty crowded with just the three. We did not take a tour and found the signs to be enough. We were able to see almost everything in 2 hours.

We took a tour and wished we hadn't. The guide was so rude that the majority of the trip was spent alternatively trying to get away from her and mimicking her. The real low point was, after 2 hours of walking around, she yelled at one of our friends when they asked to go to the bathroom. She went wild and said, "Listen to me!! I thought I told you to go before we got off the boat. What is the matter with you people." It turned out to be one of the funniest stories of the trip but I don't remember anything significant about Delos. We even went back to the boat before we saw the birthplace of Apollo.

Could have stayed in Mykonos. : )

Kim

We took a tour and wished we hadn't. The guide was so rude that the majority of the trip was spent alternatively trying to get away from her and mimicking her. The real low point was, after 2 hours of walking around, she yelled at one of our friends when they asked to go to the bathroom. She went wild and said, "Listen to me!! I thought I told you to go before we got off the boat. What is the matter with you people." It turned out to be one of the funniest stories of the trip but I don't remember anything significant about Delos. We even went back to the boat before we saw the birthplace of Apollo.

Could have stayed in Mykonos. : )

Kim

That's too bad, I hope you reported her.

Our ship didn't arrive in Mykonos until early afternoon, so I had no choice but to book the ship's tour if I wanted to see Delos. In contrast to your experience, our guide was knowledgeable, pleasant, and willing to answer any questions. We had about 90 minutes of guided tour (including several houses, the amphitheatre, the lions), then some time to look around on our own, visit the museum, climb up the "mountain" etc.

All in all I really enjoyed it and would've been extremely sorry to have missed it. I still had plenty of time to enjoy a walk through Mykonos.

Archived