4 days added on for free…..

ToxM

Well, this is an interesting one. 

Just got an email from O. 

My TA in November 24 has been extended by 4 days at no extra charge due to a dry dock issue. Cruise was originally departing from Bilbao - NY on the 7th Nov. 

Now it looks like this (with added blurb from O)

Dear Valued Travel Guests,

We have an important voyage schedule and itinerary update for your reservation aboard Sirena that is scheduled to depart on November 7, 2024.

Due to revisions to the ship’s scheduled maintenance period to accommodate a broader scope of work, the drydock period must be extended by six days. The extension of the maintenance period will result in a revised departure date and itinerary departing from Amsterdam on November 3, 2024.

We will automatically be rebooked on this new 16-day itinerary at the rate you originally paid for your 12-day cruise. (No increase in fare.) Please consider the additional free, four days our way of expressing our thanks and appreciation for your understanding with this change.

The new, revised itinerary for the portion between Amsterdam and New York is below for your reference.

Date

Port

Arrive

Depart

November 3, 2024

Amsterdam

Embark 11:00 AM

6:00 PM

November 4, 2024

Zeebrugge

7:00 AM

5:00 PM

November 5, 2024

Portland

9:00 AM

7:00 PM

November 6, 2024

At Sea

November 7, 2025

La Coruna

8:00 AM

November 8, 2024

Oporto

November 9, 2024

Lisbon

7:00 PM

November 10, 2024

At Sea

November 11, 2024

Funchal

5:00 PM

November 12-16, 2024

At Sea

November 17, 2024

St. Georges

3:00 PM

November 18, 2024

At Sea

November 19, 2024

New York City

7:00 AM

I am happy with this (although we have a rather long Regent cruise in January, so not sure how it’s going to work with my job, but we can work that out) - booked into a PH and now the trip is even cheaper as we will sort our own flights and Amsterdam is really cheap from the UK (with any luck that will still be true then!). 

Brugges will be fun for a wander around, and Portland might not be fun in November, but that’s a nice extra sea day as far as I am concerned. 

• Like 2

OK, I am totally at sea, every pun intended! The OP said it was a 2024 cruise. Post #4 shows a cruise for 2022 which happens to be my upcoming cruise and when I log into my account, that is what is showing as my new itinerary. When I look for a TA on Sirena for 2024 there are none showing. I have not received an email re any changes to my TA. I don't know where to embark nor where to disembark now.

37 minutes ago, thespiritmovesme said:

OK, I am totally at sea, every pun intended! The OP said it was a 2024 cruise. Post #4 shows a cruise for 2022 which happens to be my upcoming cruise and when I log into my account, that is what is showing as my new itinerary. When I look for a TA on Sirena for 2024 there are none showing. I have not received an email re any changes to my TA. I don't know where to embark nor where to disembark now.

It looks like they have taken it down from the site, no idea why .. not listed in my booked cruises either. I am sure it will reappear. 

The changes listed are for a 2024 TA on Sirena, I am sure they will fix your 2022 one 🙂

Another bonus is that we now embark on our wedding anniversary!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, thespiritmovesme said:

Oops! I'm used to not knowing what day it is, but I can usually quote the year correctly...didn't even notice the "2024". Now it's even more confusing. I hope you are able to sort it out with a pleasant ourcome.

@thespiritmovesme the 2022 itinerary is back to normal now. Apparently the website editor also mixed up 2022 and 2024...glad I'm not the only one 😉

Edited by AMHuntFerry
2022 itinerary on website fixed

54 minutes ago, AMHuntFerry said:

@thespiritmovesme the 2022 itinerary is back to normal now. Apparently the website editor also mixed up 2022 and 2024...glad I'm not the only one 😉

Thank goodness I won't have to 🏊 to the closest shore from wherever it was they were going to disembark us. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1