How early a flight out of Orlando from Port Canaveral

CanHardlyWait4NextYear

I'd feel okay with noon. You have to get off, get to the rental car place, rent the car, drive to MCO (little less than an hour), drop off the car, check bags, get through security. (MCO has been advising 2-hours early arrivals--for domestic flights.)

Edited by hrhdhd

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I would book the ships shuttle and avoid the rental car dance.  I wouldn't book a flight much before noon.  As mentioned MCO is horrible for processing TSA unless you have pre-check or flying 1st class.  Sunday morning will be especially slow with other ships and people leaving the theme parks.  

Flight is 11:50am. No choice unless we want to spend another $400 each. Coming in day before. Using rental car to the port. Taking private shuttle, just for us, back to airport. Also getting tsa pre check next week. Made last minute plans to fly home the day before Thanksgiving at 6am for family visit, so we can now really justify tsa pre check cost. Lol.

Edited by CanHardlyWait4NextYear
Edit

• 2 weeks later...

I like renting a car coming in the day before but You might want to reconsider a car rental and look into a shuttle from the port to Mco. You can do a group shuttle or private shuttle by be to the airport in less than 1 hour.  If you rent a car then you have to pick it up and turn it in.