Blacklane transport, were we given too many vouchers?

MIkeRoBrew

Hi everybody.  My wife and I will be taking our first SS cruise in a few weeks (Dawn, Oct. 3-10, eastern Med.). We booked our own airfare and are only entitled to Blacklane transport to and from our local airport and our home. A week ago we were emailed a link from SS to book our transportation.  Blacklane shows that we have 4 complementary rides. I’ve used 2 of the vouchers for transportation for my wife and I to and from our local airport. 

The question is did  Blacklane/SS make a mistake by sending 4 complementary rides or was I supposed to use a voucher for each person?  Thanks. 

Just now, MIkeRoBrew said:

Hi everybody.  My wife and I will be taking our first SS cruise in a few weeks (Dawn, Oct. 3-10, eastern Med.). We booked our own airfare and are only entitled to Blacklane transport to and from our local airport and our home. A week ago we were emailed a link from SS to book our transportation.  Blacklane shows that we have 4 complementary rides. I’ve used 2 of the vouchers for transportation for my wife and I to and from our local airport. 

The question is did  Blacklane/SS make a mistake by sending 4 complementary rides or was I supposed to use a voucher for each person?  Thanks. 

Did you also get transportation from your arrival airport/hotel to the ship, and from the ship to hotel/departure airport on return?

28 minutes ago, carefreecruise said:

They send four vouchers to take care of transportation from your house to the airport and from your return airport to your house. It's take four vouchers to complete both ends. They assume one for each person.

Thanks. I thought that might be the case but I worried they would send 2 cars. 

• Haha 1

Our first SS cruise with included Blacklane transfers is coming up, so I'd appreciate clarification about the vouchers. Do you make one reservation and enter two different voucher numbers, one for each person, on that reservation. Or do you actually have to make two bookings, one for each person, and figure they'll somehow match them up and only send one car? 

Update: I connected my cruise consultant at SS and she seemed to be aware of the issue of guests receiving 4 vouchers and she said only 1 voucher is needed for the entire party and to ignore the other 2. Thanks for all the replies. 

• Like 1

I just received an email with a link to login to the Blacklane site, but then discovered that they have us being collected for the outbound trip on the date the ship sails, even though SS is aware that we are travelling out the day before. Contacted Blacklane to modify the date, with the SS Booking ref (which is also displayed on the Blacklane web page) and got absolutely nowhere, being told I must have a 9 digit Blacklane Booking ref!

58 minutes ago, Silver Spectre said:

I just received an email with a link to login to the Blacklane site, but then discovered that they have us being collected for the outbound trip on the date the ship sails, even though SS is aware that we are travelling out the day before. Contacted Blacklane to modify the date, with the SS Booking ref (which is also displayed on the Blacklane web page) and got absolutely nowhere, being told I must have a 9 digit Blacklane Booking ref!

image.png.45a26e3af973475fdce35a7549782a0f.png

3 hours ago, Silver Spectre said:

A little hesitant to offera possibility as it is probably a cul-de-sac. 

Have you tried following the original link from your login, copy  the url in the browser by right clicking and copying, and then pasting it in a note etc and see whether there is a 9 digit number imbedded in your original url, if you get my drift?  

It might be there and this might display your 9 digit number.

4 hours ago, Silver Spectre said:

I just received an email with a link to login to the Blacklane site

Just curious: how far before your cruise did you receive the Blacklane link? We don't sail until December, but I'd like to be aware roughly how far in advance I should expect to receive the information. Thanks.

15 hours ago, cruiseej said:

Just curious: how far before your cruise did you receive the Blacklane link? We don't sail until December, but I'd like to be aware roughly how far in advance I should expect to receive the information. Thanks.

The email was sent out a month before departure.

The outbound date range has now been changed and the rides have been booked.

Interestingly neither of the Blacklane support responses yesterday had actually read my email request, but just parroted back the instructions in the original link email.

• 1 month later...
On 9/15/2022 at 7:19 PM, cruiseej said:

Be sure to keep an eye out for it at the 30 day mark. Although every other email from Silversea comes through just fine, the email regarding the Blacklane transfer ended up in my Spam folder.