HIA vs private sale

Annjem

I’m looking to book a 7 day cruise and the Have It All rate is $1400 more than private sale rate.  We’re not big drinkers (likely 1 drink and a few sodas) however I like the idea of not having to worry about all the extras.  Do you think it’s worth it?  Can I add it on later?

Welcome to Cruise Critic @Annjem!!   Add up the cost of all the individual items you would want to purchase....drinks package, Wi-Fi, gratuities, specialty restaurants, excursions.  Compare the difference of what's included in the HIA and the private sale fares.  There is your answer!

When I got HIA, the difference between basic fare and HIA was only $45/day so for me it was HIA!  The drink package (which I wanted) alone is $53.07/day.

~Nancy

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Annjem said:

I’m looking to book a 7 day cruise and the Have It All rate is $1400 more than private sale rate.  We’re not big drinkers (likely 1 drink and a few sodas) however I like the idea of not having to worry about all the extras.  Do you think it’s worth it?  Can I add it on later?

Yes, you can add it later... as mentioned, it is $50/pp/pd, so it should only be $700 for your cruise.  We feel it's "worth it".

HIA adds more than just drinks too; you get $100 in excursion credits and 1 uncharge dining reservation per 7 days, plus WIFI. That's somewhere around $400 in value per week per couple without using up any of the drinks (if the in-my-head arithmetic works out).

We found good value in the package between speciality coffees, wine with dinner, and evening cocktails (at least break even). We also liked the prompt of having credits to use, and ended up doing a bit more we likely would have otherwise.

• Like 1

Hi, just booked my second HAL cruise and had the exact same doubts as you @Annjem. Decided the Have it alle rate wasn't worth it with our glas of wine, cappuccino and a soda and pay per drink  and excursion individually.

After booking and login found out about the Have it Alle offer at reduced rate $50 offer. Already halved. Now - pricewise - it is just under / above break even for us.

To throw everything into the mix... my question:

If i prepurchase the have it all will the amount count to the mariner points? Or is that only expenses made on board the ship? And if so - does anybody know if it is possible to book the have it all on board and against which price? 

Thank you!

Edited by h8130
typo

Others here have reported that the HIA cost is credited to the Mariner point spending. I don't have personal experience yet.

All pre cruise purchases do count toward Mariner point spending credits. (Dining, beverages, gifts, excursions, etc.)

Don't forget HIA includes Surf Wi-Fi also.  Does the one you are looking at also include Crew Appreciation?  Two of my future ones include Crew Appreciation and two don't.  Booked at different times. 

~Nancy

Edited by oakridger
  • Thanks 1

Thanky you @oakridger that helps! 

Looking closer the offer received doesn't include Crew Appreciation. If it did it would be an absolutely no brainer to book the package. 😀

Glad I didn't book it direct -saves a lot of $$ that we an use towards another cruise 

• Like 1