Has anyone been to Pompano Beach Club Resort for a day pass?

KATHYMAC68

1 hour ago, KATHYMAC68 said:

I’m thinking about booking a day pass at Pompano Beach Club Resort. I emailed them and it will be $40 a person with access to beach, pool, chairs and umbrellas.

A taxi is about $20-25 each way.

Any reviews or opinions?

Was there years ago when friends were staying there. Facility was pretty dated (decor wise) at that time although they might have changed that by now. The food was fine and the drinks were strong. The pool is small for the number of people there but its perched above the water and very pretty. 

The big issue is that the beach is TINY and sort of awkwardly enclosed by two jettys on either side. It was a little rocky in the water.

If the hotel is even remotely busy there will be a ton of people crammed into a small space on the beach. If you go in with the right expectations you'll be fine but understand that you aren't going to be on a beach you can really spread out on like you would at Horseshoe for example. 

• Thanks 1

On 9/14/2022 at 7:52 AM, KATHYMAC68 said:

I’m thinking about booking a day pass at Pompano Beach Club Resort. I emailed them and it will be $40 a person with access to beach, pool, chairs and umbrellas.

A taxi is about $20-25 each way.

Any reviews or opinions?

I was considering doing this as well. The resort itself has very good reviews. There was another resort that has day passes that included lunch but the reviews were terrible.

My wife and I did it last week and had an absolute blast.  I do not recommend if stairs are a problem.  The only access to the beach requires you to climb and go down several steep stairs.  The beach had suffered some erosion from the last hurricane but it was still gorgeous.  The food and drinks are EXCELLENT and the staff is fantastic.  The best 40.00 dollars you will ever spend for a day pass and believe me we have done MANY!!

Pray that they are Spared the wrath of Fiona as a direct hit will be devastating!!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ticketsunlimited said:

My wife and I did it last week and had an absolute blast.  I do not recommend if stairs are a problem.  The only access to the beach requires you to climb and go down several steep stairs.  The beach had suffered some erosion from the last hurricane but it was still gorgeous.  The food and drinks are EXCELLENT and the staff is fantastic.  The best 40.00 dollars you will ever spend for a day pass and believe me we have done MANY!!

Pray that they are Spared the wrath of Fiona as a direct hit will be devastating!!

Did you take a cab there? How much if so?

Food and drink was not included am I correct?Food and drink was not included am I correct?

2 hours ago, CleverUserNameHere said:

I was considering doing this as well. The resort itself has very good reviews. There was another resort that has day passes that included lunch but the reviews were terrible.

The last poster here didn’t make it sound like it was so great.The last poster here didn’t make it sound like it was so great.

1 hour ago, KATHYMAC68 said:

The last poster here didn’t make it sound like it was so great.

I didn't say it was bad either, I just said I was underwhelmed. The food was fine but I'm not sure if I would call it excellent. The drinks were quite good and very reasonably priced for the island. 

My biggest gripe was how small the beach was for the amount of people on it. That and the fact that it was a bit rocky as you waded out-- it's by no means even close to the nicest beach in Bermuda but it isn't as awful as a place such as Snorkel Beach. Its convenient for what it is and has decent facilities around it. 

I agree with the previous poster that if you have any mobility issues at all this is not a place for you. Personally I would go other places if I wanted a beach day but if you want to be at a nicer resort, and not have to pay for a room at that resort to gain access to facilities, this could be a very good option. Just know what you are getting into. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, princeton123211 said:

I didn't say it was bad either, I just said I was underwhelmed. The food was fine but I'm not sure if I would call it excellent. The drinks were quite good and very reasonably priced for the island. 

My biggest gripe was how small the beach was for the amount of people on it. That and the fact that it was a bit rocky as you waded out-- it's by no means even close to the nicest beach in Bermuda but it isn't as awful as a place such as Snorkel Beach. Its convenient for what it is and has decent facilities around it. 

I agree with the previous poster that if you have any mobility issues at all this is not a place for you. Personally I would go other places if I wanted a beach day but if you want to be at a nicer resort, and not have to pay for a room at that resort to gain access to facilities, this could be a very good option. Just know what you are getting into. 

I appreciate that. Thank you.

How were the prices for food?

On 9/14/2022 at 9:08 AM, princeton123211 said:

If the hotel is even remotely busy there will be a ton of people crammed into a small space on the beach. If you go in with the right expectations you'll be fine but understand that you aren't going to be on a beach you can really spread out on like you would at Horseshoe for example. 

What time of year did you go? I'm hoping mid October won't be busy