Mariner Specialty Restaurant Benefits

SJSULIBRARIAN

Have the 25% and 50% Mariner benefit credits on prepaid restaurant charges been applied automatically recently? Back in February, I had problems and am wondering if the ships have resolved their computer problems. Specifically, the Konigsdam but also interested on how it has gone on other ships. 

1 hour ago, SJSULIBRARIAN said:

Have the 25% and 50% Mariner benefit credits on prepaid restaurant charges been applied automatically recently? Back in February, I had problems and am wondering if the ships have resolved their computer problems. Specifically, the Konigsdam but also interested on how it has gone on other ships. 

The koningsdam REALLY struggles with this.  I was constantly at the front desk trying to get this resolved in March.

We had a major hassle on the Oosterdam. Hubby got charged for the Canaletto when it should have been a free loyalty dinner. We were told we could only use loyalty dinners at the Pinnacle, the desk tried to show us 2019 benefits. We went to the computer and printed an update so the desk would have the correct info. We were told since it was "an honest mistake" the charge would be removed .....great! Then told we weren't entitled to so many free dinners since we had one booking number....had to go to desk to show our Navigator to prove we were on a b2b2b with 3 booking numbers. So much hassle for a stupid $13 charge!

• Like 1

Yes! They need to fix this. It can't be that hard. I have had to speak to the customer service folks at least once and sometimes several times to get the 5* benefits that they give us. Some are new and aren't even aware of what the perks are. I dislike arguing about money. Had this problem on Nieuw Amsterdam, Zuiderdam and Rotterdam x 2.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ldog said:

On Nieuw Statendam we were told that we weren’t reimbursed the 25% for Sel de Mer because we would still have to pay the 18% service charge. I walked away shaking my head. 

Omg…..what?  Yeah 18 percent and 25 is the same 🙄.  I think hal tries to pull this bs to see if they can get away with it.  Stop giving cruises away and maybe you won’t have to pull this shady stuff.