Where to find size of particular cabin

pjfnme

Hello all. I have never cruised on MSC and was wondering if there was a way to determine the size of a particular cabin during the booking process? I'm recently retired and would consider an interior cabin however the size range is throwing me off. I definitely can't do a 151sf cabin so I need to know that the one I'm booking is one of the larger ones. For the record, I'm speaking of the standard Fantastica level interior cabins - not the YC or the premiums. 

Thanks!

5 minutes ago, pjfnme said:

Hello all. I have never cruised on MSC and was wondering if there was a way to determine the size of a particular cabin during the booking process? I'm recently retired and would consider an interior cabin however the size range is throwing me off. I definitely can't do a 151sf cabin so I need to know that the one I'm booking is one of the larger ones. For the record, I'm speaking of the standard Fantastica level interior cabins - not the YC or the premiums. 

Thanks!

It would depend somewhat on the ship and the room type.  For example, on some ships the average deluxe interior cabin is about 178 or up to 183 square feet.  If you qualify for a handicapped interior room, they range from about to 301 square feet for non-YC and about 230 in the YC (Yacht Club).  Depends on the ship, as I said.  Pick a ship, and google the ship and "interior cabin." It will take to a listing of the room types and the size.

5 minutes ago, JAGR said:

It would depend somewhat on the ship and the room type.  For example, on some ships the average deluxe interior cabin is about 178 or up to 183 square feet.  If you qualify for a handicapped interior room, they range from about to 301 square feet for non-YC and about 230 in the YC (Yacht Club).  Depends on the ship, as I said.  Pick a ship, and google the ship and "interior cabin." It will take to a listing of the room types and the size.

Thank you. I was looking at the new Seascape and the sister ship Seashore. I've googled for the size but they only list a range "starting" at 150sf. I would love to be able to click on the particular cabin that I'm viewing and see what the size is. I was just wondering if they were sized according to deck, experience, etc. I don't want to inadvertently reserve a tiny room.

21 minutes ago, pjfnme said:

Thank you. I was looking at the new Seascape and the sister ship Seashore. I've googled for the size but they only list a range "starting" at 150sf. I would love to be able to click on the particular cabin that I'm viewing and see what the size is. I was just wondering if they were sized according to deck, experience, etc. I don't want to inadvertently reserve a tiny room.

We recently had two weeks on Seashore, but were in YC.  As far as the experience and cabin size go, there is not correlation between them.  As far as i can tell, they use a cookie cutter approach.  the one gray area is the few cabins that are narrower and longer (such as the ones in the absolute center of the ship like 10002, 10048, etc.).  Maybe check for reviews on those cabins.  Almost all of the interior cabins are listed at the 150 sq. ft. size.  I was including the bathroom in my earlier figures.  MSC does show the "range" of sizes to be 150 to 300 sq. ft., but there are only two of the 300 size.  The premium interiors at the front of the ship on deck 10 (10005 and 10004).  The handicapped cabins are bigger, and there is one that is huge (9077). I suspect that is limited to having two disabled passengers, but I don't know for sure.

Edited by JAGR

Usually if you look at the deck plans of a ship,  you can see if certain cabins or balconies are bigger than others.  Check the Key chart on the deck page, it will tell you if it has extra sleeping quarters and connecting rooms.