Celebrity MoveUp - can we say no or change cabin location?

WorkerBee74

We have some bids in for a MoveUp on our cruise next month.

I definitely do not want an obstructed view balcony - looking right now there are a ton of verandas to be had so I'm hoping we have a good chance of getting one (we're in an oceanview on Deck 3 right now - not my first choice but ended up there after we had a lift/shift from the Infinity when they moved it to the Caribbean).

If we are successful, can we say no if we really don't want the new cabin?  As well, do we find out our cabin number in advance and can we ask for different location options if available?

If your bid is accepted, your credit card will be charged immediately...

https://www.celebritycruises.com/bid-on-cruise-room-upgrade

Can I reject the upgrade after it is accepted?

"No, once your bid is accepted, your card will be charged immediately and the upgrade amount paid is final and non-refundable."

Don't know about asking for different options...

RIF...

1 hour ago, WorkerBee74 said:

If we are successful, can we say no if we really don't want the new cabin?

Unfortunately not. Read the fine print very carefully before your moveup bid is accepted. No turning back and no input into what they assign. Match the same as with booking a “guaranteed” room. You were getting a discount in exchange for the flexibility for a celebrity to put you where they want. With MoveUp, you aren’t getting an upgrade potentially for less than you would have paid for that class of cabin, downside is the same. No input into where you go, and no changing your mind afterwards. If the ship is under sold, it seems unlikely they would give you a bad room. If there’s lots of open availability, you could potentially visit guest services upon check-in and see if they can accommodate you, but realize they may have filled those unobstructed verandas others who bid higher than your winning bid. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, letsgogogo said:

No input into where you go, and no changing your mind afterwards.

I have the same dilemma. I have a MoveUp bid for Aqua, and I’m bidding fairly high. At the same time, I really don’t want to end up with a cabin under the pool or under the buffet. Taking a chance and hoping for the best. 

• Like 1

Thanks again to everyone who answered... I guess I was more asking if I could potentially change locations than an outright no - seems that you may be able to but I'm super glad it didn't even become a worry since we got a GREAT location anyway.

I know the Concierge Class isn't too much of a thing for people who cruise often but we are ecstatic - we LOVE getting room service breakfasts in the morning before we hit port - the enhanced menu alone makes me excited.  ( What can I say, I'm easily impressed 😁😆😄)Going to miss the lunch since we chose the last possible embarkation time to maximize our time in Rome but oh well, we have the Chef's Table booked for that night so want to go in hungry anyway!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, WorkerBee74 said:

Thanks all - got our cabin location and I am thrilled, on a high-deck, mid-ship... totally happy!  Won't bother asking to move because it's perfect 🙂

Actually, according to Celebrity MoveUp personnel, you can request a change to another cabin, but it must be in the exact same category.  I have this in writing!

Edited by Lastdance
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Lastdance said:

Actually, according to Celebrity MoveUp personnel, you can request a change to another cabin, but it must be in the exact same category.  I have this in writing!

Can confirm I've done this in April 2022. Moved from a FV not on the corner on deck 9 to a corner one on deck 8 on M-class. Great snag on my part! Just be quick when your assignment comes through!

• Like 1

glad you got a decent cabin automatically 👍🏻 Just for reference to maybe help others you can definitely change cabin location as long as it’s within the same category that you have been assigned and obviously only after you have been given the new cabin… we did exactly this on a B2B last September on the Apex and previous cruises as well. 

• Like 1

I have a dilemma for our cruise on Silhouette in May. We are in Aqua however I ideally need a disabled room & none are available. I thought about the suites but all sold out for accessible rooms. If I do move up can I say that only if accessible sky suite becomes available? Does anyone know? 

10 hours ago, wineoclock said:

I have a dilemma for our cruise on Silhouette in May. We are in Aqua however I ideally need a disabled room & none are available. I thought about the suites but all sold out for accessible rooms. If I do move up can I say that only if accessible sky suite becomes available? Does anyone know? 

Unfortunately no, there’s no provision for that. Make sure you’re checking with a TA or Celebrity about disabled rooms in case they’re not showing on the site. 

• Like 1