Entertainment on Queen Victoria?

sidekick180

Good evening everyone,

Just a couple of questions if I may?

I am considering booking on QV for the November 4 night cruise to Amsterdam. We have never been with cunard, so I have very little knowledge of how this cruise line works.

Firstly, what is the entertainment like on board? I am 62 and my partner (who will be my wife on 1st October, so this will be a mini honeymoon), will be 50, so we are interested to find out if all the entertainment is geared towards the even older generation than us, or whether there is something for everyone. We like going to shows each night on cruises, and also like watching live bands, comedians etc.

Secondly, are we expected to pay gratuities on QV. Our previous cruises have been with another cruise line, which removed the gratuities in 2019.

I'm sure I will have more questions before I book, but those will do for now.

Obviously, any other information or tips for Cunard, and specifically Queen Victoria, would be very much appreciated.

Thank you!!

Edited by sidekick180

First congratulations and welcome to Cunard.

In no doubt many on CC will give the entertainment answers, but one will suggest to book BC, because QV has the best BC dining room seating/ambiance of all three true queens.

Link…..

https://www.cruisecritic.co.uk/photos/ships/queen-victoria-376/britiannia-club-restaurant-371674/britiannia-club-restaurant--v16923611/

Edited by PORT ROYAL
Link
  • Thanks 1

We were recently on Queen Victoria as first-timers on Cunard, and are 59 and 55.  We thought the theater was physically great - a real theater with boxes.  The shows there were equally as good, and better in many ways than other shows we’ve seen at sea.  We also liked the ballroom (Queens Room), especially on formal night - almost the whole ship came out in formal wear, and many very good ballroom dancers; made for a special and elegant evening.  Others will have more details and examples, but we came away impressed with the entertainment experience on Cunard.  

PS:  gratuities are added per person/per day to your bill, and it’s based on cabin category (not sure the exact amounts, but Grill passengers pay more in gratuities).

Edited by johng75370
  • Like 1

My all time favourite ship!

Not having done a short cruise for many years I have no idea if the entertainment differs from that offered on longer cruises but there will be a show of some sort every evening in the theatre and there is live music in the Queens Room and around the ship.

On our ten day August trip, as far as the live music we experienced,  we had a wonderful guitarist playing in the atrium deck three; a great Irish Folk duo; a classical trio in addition to the theatre and Queens room in the evening. There is usually sailaway live music up on deck too.

I will leave the gratuity issue apart from to say it is added to your shipboard account but is removable should you wish.

• Thanks 1

We recently did our first cruise on QV aged 62 and 56 and thoroughly enjoyed it. 

There's something for everyone entertainment wise from shows in the theatre, dancing in the  Queen room and music acts around the various venues on the ship.

Yes  gratuities are added to your on board account ($161 for 7nts for 2 of us so do your math) you can remove them if you wish at the purser desk. On a 4 nighter you'll prob have one formal night so pack that posh frock and suit or tux. Enjoy 🍾 🥂 😉 

• Thanks 1