rccl cruises

richardAnn

just curious in 2024 we want to take a 5 day cruise out of galveston tx as we are from texas my wife does not like any thing longer so if we go in late feb what are the chances of a huge amont of kids being on it. nothing against kids just prefer not to be arond a lot running around widly

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/15/2022 at 4:57 PM, richardAnn said:

just curious in 2024 we want to take a 5 day cruise out of galveston tx as we are from texas my wife does not like any thing longer so if we go in late feb what are the chances of a huge amont of kids being on it. nothing against kids just prefer not to be arond a lot running around widly

There might be some, but not many since public schools will be running at that time. There are places on the ship that are adults only and most of the children have their own activities and areas. 

You are going to have a great time!

• 4 weeks later...

We are two adults traveling without kids.  We enjoy the amenities of suites and find fewer children on the suite decks and restaurant.  If you want to avoid kids, consider a suite.  Also Many royal ships, have adult pools and solarium adult only area.  Consider dining in Specialty restaurants nightly.

Less young kids on Celebrity.

If your on Allure out of Galveston it should not be bad. That ship has a great Kids Club program that our daughter has used when ever we sail on Allure and most everyone parks the kids in the program for the day and so they spend most of the day in the Kids club program or in the seperate kids splash area pool. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I don’t know if I could find it again, but I googled “spring break” and found a website that tracks thousands of US schools’ spring break dates. I had the same concern, having booked a March 2 departure.  It turns out not a single school was taking their break until March 10 at the earliest.

• 1 month later...
On 9/16/2022 at 11:00 AM, LHT28 said:

There may still be kids onboard

check when the colleges  have their spring break

plus there are Home school groups that cruise  when regular schools are in session

I agree,  We are seeing a larger number of families with kids during the traditional school session months.  Many people jumped on the home schooling bandwagon due to the pandemic or political reasons.

On 1/8/2023 at 7:33 AM, BamaVol said:

I don’t know if I could find it again, but I googled “spring break” and found a website that tracks thousands of US schools’ spring break dates. I had the same concern, having booked a March 2 departure.  It turns out not a single school was taking their break until March 10 at the earliest.

Good to learn! We sail on a March 5th sailing out of San Juan.