Getaway 9/22 beach in Bermuda

F858MM

3 minutes ago, F858MM said:

Would like to go from the dockyard to horseshoe bay. what is the best way?

I think the best way is private taxi, $35 each way. You could also pay $7 per person for public shuttle, but you'll be packed in like sardines and have to wait until it fills up to go. You could also do public transportation by bus, about $3 per person, but you catch the bus at the bottom of the hill.

We took the NCL excursion. With the 50 dollar excursion credit, the price was not bad for my husband and I. The benefit was that we were the first ones there. We were situated with chairs and drinks delivered to our chairs before the other shuttles arrived. I had picked the earliest time they offered. With two ships in port that day, it got crowded. They even ran out of chairs to rent. If I did not want to get up early, I would take the 7 dollar shuttle. It is the best deal if you do not have anyone to split a taxi with. The shuttle runs back and forth all day which is great if you want to stay longer than the NCL excursion time.

3 hours ago, CleverUserNameHere said:

I think the best way is private taxi, $35 each way. You could also pay $7 per person for public shuttle, but you'll be packed in like sardines and have to wait until it fills up to go. You could also do public transportation by bus, about $3 per person, but you catch the bus at the bottom of the hill.

I prefer private taxi. I dont like being packed into the minibus.  The publc bus stop is at the top of the hill. I think you know that and made a typo. 😀 The public bus costs $4.50 with a token of $5 exact change. 

1 hour ago, Charles4515 said:

I prefer private taxi. I dont like being packed into the minibus.  The publc bus stop is at the top of the hill. I think you know that and made a typo. 😀 The public bus costs $4.50 with a token of $5 exact change. 

It feels uphill both ways though once you've been in the sun all day lol. And I definitely prefer private taxi now too

I took the shuttle.  I didn't feel packed in.  We got to the beach probably around 10:00 a.m.  

Going back, we were the first one on the shuttle, so we had to wait until it was full before we left, but wait time wasn't bad.  There were two of us so it was $28 round trip.

The only thing I didn't like was the shuttle didn't drop us off by the ship.  It dropped us off by the NCL ship, so we had a little walk to the Enchantment.  I would still do the shuttle again.

3 hours ago, JGmf said:

I endorse the shuttle if you are one or two people.  Very convenient and economical.

I have taken it when I was one as sometimes my travel companion skips the beach so then I take it  to be economical. But we taxi when it is two. So sometimes the minibus is only an 18 seater but most of the time it was 30 with jump seats in the aisle. No space. I don't like that.....it makes me claustrophobic. 

Edited by Charles4515

15 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

I have taken it when I was one as sometimes my travel companion skips the beach so then I take it  to be economical. But we taxi when it is two. So sometimes the minibus is only an 18 seater but most of the time it was 30 with jump seats in the aisle. No space. I don't like that.....it makes me claustrophobic. 

Our shuttle sat 14 plus driver.  I can see if you need 30 people it might take a while to fill up.  They didn't look that large when I was there in August.