Check in times for Disney Wonder

CRUISER94044

It depend a bit on when your sailing date is.

Right now construction crews have the whole west end of the terminal lot blocked off.

That may last another 4 - 6 weeks.  This will affect disembarking passengers more than those embarking.  It will slow everything as a result.

I believe your "Arrival time" (check-in time) is 12:15 pm ......which is not a "Boarding time".  Boarding groups are assigned according to a number of other factors.

In the past I've seen embarkation usually starting with the Family of the Day, Concierge, Suites....around 11:30 pm.

The Disney Wonder will be sailing at 90-95% capacity thru Halloween.

David

Edited by DAllenTCY

Today was the first turn for the Disney Wonder in San Diego.  Despite construction at the west end of the pier, everything went normally for disembarkation, and embarkation on the east side.  There was  noise and some sand on the sidewalk; however, guests were able to proceed easily past these minor inconveniences.  

Everyone from the voyage ending had disembarked by 10:45 am.  Concierge guests were welcomed into the terminal at 10:40 am and they and Group 1 were cleared to board at 11:15 am.  There was only a short 10 minute backup line outside of the terminal around 1:15 pm.  

The ship sailed away for a 5 night cruise 15 minutes ahead of schedule with 2,183 (90% cap.) aboard.

It was a very pleasant 80 degrees with clear skies and a light breeze.  

It doesn't get any better than this.

As construction of the new seawall continues east, there may be some detours necessary, for traffic on the pier,  but those will be clearly marked and extra security staff will be onsite to assist.

David

Edited by DAllenTCY

I am so glad to hear that our ship has arrived to Cruise out of San Diego. I so appreciate your descriptions of what we can expect. 3 weeks till we embark. We are staying in a hotel sways away from the pier and have a reservation for parking near the pier. Can we drop our luggage off around 10 then return at our checking time?  Seaport village is always a fun place to walk around.   Thanks!