Wind experience in Alaska during the storm

nowornever

If anyone is embarking or disembarking the Wind in Nome, could you let us know about your experience during this horrid looking storm?  I hope that it hasn't been too rough & the schedule hasn't been disrupted to a great extent.  Travel safely & please let us know about your experiences.

4 hours ago, nowornever said:

If anyone is embarking or disembarking the Wind in Nome, could you let us know about your experience during this horrid looking storm?  I hope that it hasn't been too rough & the schedule hasn't been disrupted to a great extent.  Travel safely & please let us know about your experiences.

I understand that the departure has been delayed by a couple of days. It may have left by now.

I just noticed that they're still there, if that website is correct. I wonder if the dock in Nome was damaged?  From what I see online, there was a lot of wind & flood damage in the area.  I trust the passengers, crew & staff the ship did not suffer any incidents.  This was to be a turn-around port for the onward trip to Vancouver yesterday.  I am to board in YVR so I've been following their progress.  What a nightmare.  Fingers crossed for all.

• Like 1