When can I reserve The Retreat and Thermal Spa pass for couples

hmmm

We have just booked the Nieuw Statendam Nov.19-26.  Very excited to finally be cruising again.  We wanted to look at reserving a cabana spot in the Retreat area, but it isn’t showing up for me?  Is there a certain time when this starts to show up as an option?  Also, our last cruise before covid had a couples pass option for the Thermal Spa- but I am only seeing the single.  If you have any insights please, and thanks

4 hours ago, hmmm said:

Also, our last cruise before covid had a couples pass option for the Thermal Spa- but I am only seeing the single.

Yep, no more couples pass...It's pay per person.....$149 for 7 days (worth every cent)

We will be onboard as well......

(I'm also hearing that the thermal price is the same onboard as well as pre-board......if anyone has seen a lower price that $149 for 7 nights once onboard, please enlighten us!)

• Thanks 1

I called the 1-800 number, and the retreat is already fully booked.  They informed me that the $149 is actually for 2 people………but I don’t totally believe this……….online, it looks like I have to buy 2 separate passes…….maybe I will just get the one, and hope for the best…..and then buy the other on the ship if its not true………thoughts?  Anyone with experience in the last while?

Edited by hmmm

There is a couple on YouTube called the Cruising Canucks.  Mr. Canuck did a whole video on the cabanas, with a map and how to book.  It is a wonderfully informative video.  I followed his instructions and booked our cabana for a January 2023 cruise.  If you have the map, you can request a certain cabana.  Here is the link to the video:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Steirisch said:

There is a couple on YouTube called the Cruising Canucks.  Mr. Canuck did a whole video on the cabanas, with a map and how to book.  It is a wonderfully informative video.  I followed his instructions and booked our cabana for a January 2023 cruise.  If you have the map, you can request a certain cabana.  Here is the link to the video:

The best kept 'secret' about Holland America. We attempt to book a retreat cabana for the entire voyage, unless it is a port intensive cruise. We often attempt to book the cabana immediately after booking our cruise. We can save money by booking an inside room and the cabana, rather than booking a balcony or suite. It feels like you are on a private yacht ...

• Like 3

3 hours ago, mwj said:

The best kept 'secret' about Holland America. We attempt to book a retreat cabana for the entire voyage, unless it is a port intensive cruise. We often attempt to book the cabana immediately after booking our cruise. We can save money by booking an inside room and the cabana, rather than booking a balcony or suite. It feels like you are on a private yacht ...

We do the same thing. The cabanas are such a luxury for a fairly affordable price. They are located close to the Crow's nest and if you are too lazy to get up and get a drink or a coffee, the steward will get it for you. They also will get our lunch if we like, but I prefer to pick it myself.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, mwj said:

We can save money by booking an inside room and the cabana, rather than booking a balcony or suite.

This is what we've done for our next 3 cruises. The veranda cabins are nice, but really we'd prefer to be out of our room and closer to the amenities. 

• Like 3