Allure shore excursions

Jay Bee

I posted about this in the roll call awhile back but haven't gotten an answer. We're cruising on the Allure out of Galveston January 29, 2023 which stops at Cozumel, Roatán and Puerto Costa Maya. A lot of ship excursions were posted a few months back for Coz, as well as 2 (only two!) for Roatán. There are zero posted for CM. I know that in the past many excursions have been listed for both of these ports on other cruises. The Royal agent on the phone thought it was odd, said they should have been up by now and suggested I email ShoreX (which I did and haven't yet heard back).

Has anyone else on other sailings noticed this? Or do other sailings in that time frame have a full slate of excursions offered for all the ports? Does Royal sometimes wait this late to get them up?

I know I can do private excursions, but for various reasons I like to have the ship options. Thanks for any information anyone might have.

38 minutes ago, Jay Bee said:

I posted about this in the roll call awhile back but haven't gotten an answer. We're cruising on the Allure out of Galveston January 29, 2023 which stops at Cozumel, Roatán and Puerto Costa Maya. A lot of ship excursions were posted a few months back for Coz, as well as 2 (only two!) for Roatán. There are zero posted for CM. I know that in the past many excursions have been listed for both of these ports on other cruises. The Royal agent on the phone thought it was odd, said they should have been up by now and suggested I email ShoreX (which I did and haven't yet heard back).

Has anyone else on other sailings noticed this? Or do other sailings in that time frame have a full slate of excursions offered for all the ports? Does Royal sometimes wait this late to get them up?

I know I can do private excursions, but for various reasons I like to have the ship options. Thanks for any information anyone might have.

I have had this happen last fall where nothing was showing for Costa Maya.  What I did was I went into the Royal app, selected a different sailing that had the same itinerary but was an earlier sailing then mine (September instead of November) and looked at the shore excursions to get a rough idea and to start researching.  They will show up.  Mine finally did by end of August last year.  But it was a little different as cruises were starting up as were excursions.  I would think by 90 days out you should see something.

19 minutes ago, jean87510 said:

I have had this happen last fall where nothing was showing for Costa Maya.  What I did was I went into the Royal app, selected a different sailing that had the same itinerary but was an earlier sailing then mine (September instead of November) and looked at the shore excursions to get a rough idea and to start researching.  They will show up.  Mine finally did by end of August last year.  But it was a little different as cruises were starting up as were excursions.  I would think by 90 days out you should see something.

Thanks, that's both helpful and encouraging.

Our Thanksgiving on Wonder didn't have excursions for several ports showing until mid-late August.  Last year they were there and the next day they were gone.  Then they were back.  Only "swimming with the pigs" seemed to stay there the entire time.    BTW: if you can grab a spot at Maya Chan at Costa Maya do it.  We loved our day there.  

Edited by ATSEAMYLIFE