Royal and masks

vino100

2 hours ago, Shorewalk Holmes said:

We had a great time! 

I realize that some people aren't used to wearing masks, but if the captain asks, people should either be prepared to wear one, or do as @Keksie does and wait until the 'threat' of wearing a mask is over.

Thankfully, all of the ships right now in the Caribbean don't require masks and with the virus diminishing each day I don't plan on mask wearing coming back anytime soon. 

On 9/21/2022 at 10:12 AM, peachykiehn said:

We just got off the Royal on the 17th. Even with announcements by the captain, signs and letters in the room many still not wearing masks. Ironically it seemed to us that those who were coughing and sneezing were the ones not wearing masks. After several trips in crowded elevators with individuals not wearing masks coughing and sneezing we avoided elevators when possible. (We had an 83 yr old with us so not always possible)

Did you all stay well?  I ask because going on Royal in December with a 90 year old, he is not good about wearing masks, will try and he has to use elevators.

7 minutes ago, pris993 said:

Did you all stay well?  I ask because going on Royal in December with a 90 year old, he is not good about wearing masks, will try and he has to use elevators.

Yes, we did stay well but we were very careful about masking indoors. Also lots of hand washing/sanitizer and avoiding touching our faces. My mother-in-law hates masks also but after several people on our land tour tested positive she understood my request for her to follow mask guidelines. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, peachykiehn said:

Yes, we did stay well but we were very careful about masking indoors. Also lots of hand washing/sanitizer and avoiding touching our faces. My mother-in-law hates masks also but after several people on our land tour tested positive she understood my request for her to follow mask guidelines. 

Thanks for your response, my DH has dementia so it is like he is a 2 year old at times.  I will have to   make him understand he needs to do so to stay well and then watch him carefully.