Dining Room Temperature when Cool Outside

nextariel

1 hour ago, nextariel said:

We are going to be sailing out of Canada with evening temps in the 50's and 40's. Anyone with experience tell me what temperature the dining rooms are?

I'm from FL so going to be cold, but SO may want short sleeve shirts. 

In general with Viking our experience is as follows:

When it is cold outside (we were Norway Midnight Sun and the Med in Dec in 30's/40's), the dining rooms were quite pleasant.  Often no sweater required, although we always bring them to dining rooms and Star Theatre as in general for us, Viking rooms are always too cold.

When it is warm/hot outside (we've been in places in the 90's), the rooms are VERY cold - over A/C'ed.

If it is cold outside, and the rooms are cold, if they have the roof over the pool closed, the Pool Grill is a great place to have lunch as it is then usually nice and toasty out there.

This seems to be normal pattern at least for USA buildings, hotels, offices, etc.  

• Like 2

We have sailed Viking in warm and cold temps.  We find that the onboard experience - dining, theatre, etc. - are all adequately kept at a good temperature.  Now, that is not to say that you would not need a light sweater or long sleeves.

I run hot and my partner runs cold.  I can do with short sleeves or a light long sleeve shirt, but he will likely wear a long sleeve sweater at dinner or in the Star Theatre as sometimes you are under an AC draft.

In general the temps are what I would say you should expect.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, nextariel said:

We are going to be sailing out of Canada with evening temps in the 50's and 40's. Anyone with experience tell me what temperature the dining rooms are?

I'm from FL so going to be cold, but SO may want short sleeve shirts. 

With modern HVAC systems the interior temps shouldn't vary significantly with outside temperatures.

• Like 1