Manhattan terminal - taxi to JFK or car service?

Sundiego

I have a question about transportation from Manhattan cruise ship terminal to JFK for our 1:20pm flight. Ship arrives on a Thursday morning.

Last time, we did Carmel Limo (but to LaGuardia). It was easy. This time around, I'm seeing one-price taxis for less money. Are taxis plentiful at the port? I'm not so much concerned about saving $10, it's more a matter of simply grabbing a taxi vs being on the lookout for a specific car service driver. The taxi feels easier to me. Any advice appreciated!

~Denise

Edited by Sundiego

12 minutes ago, Sundiego said:

Last time, we did Carmel Limo (but to LaGuardia). It was easy. This time around, I'm seeing one-price taxis for less money. Are taxis plentiful at the port? I'm not so much concerned about saving $10, it's more a matter of simply grabbing a taxi vs being on the lookout for a specific car service driver. The taxi feels easier to me. Any advice appreciated!

It depends-- a bunch of taxis may be in the queue that morning or they might not-- they aren't required to line up so it will vary from cruise to cruise. You could get off the ship and be first in the taxi line for one of you could be behind a hundred other fellow passengers. My experience at the Manhattan Cruise Terminal the past few times is that it was very uneven-- the line would move quickly for a few minutes and then grind to a standstill while they waited for more cabs to enter the queue. 

If you want things to move quickly and avoid the potential of a wait or line I would just book another Carmel or Dial 7. If not saving $10 isn't a big deal they will be much more predictable than a taxi will be. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, princeton123211 said:

If you want things to move quickly and avoid the potential of a wait or line I would just book another Carmel or Dial 7. If not saving $10 isn't a big deal they will be much more predictable than a taxi will be. 

Thank you! This is exactly the feedback I was looking for!!

~Denise