OceanCompass App Question

WoodstockGirl

We can't find OceanCompass app at the Apple App Store.

I already have the app on my iphone. I've had it for enough years that I can't remember if I downloaded it from Apple or from somewhere else... like, from within the Medallion App?

My friend is going on her first cruise with me. She is through all the personalization info on the Medallion app (she is "ocean ready"), and her Medallion is ordered. However, when she goes to download OceanCompass from Apple, it doesn't seem to be available there.   Also - it does not show up in the string of "extra apps" in her Medallion app (like it does in mine).

Does she have to wait to get onboard to download OceanCompass? 

Edited by WoodstockGirl
typo correction and clarity

23 minutes ago, WoodstockGirl said:

I already have the app on my iphone. I've had it for enough years that I can't remember if I downloaded it from Apple or from somewhere else... like, from within the Medallion App?

My friend is going on her first cruise with me. She is through all the personalization info on the Medallion app (she is "ocean ready"), and her Medallion is ordered. However, when she goes to download OceanCompass from Apple, it doesn't seem to be available there.   Also - it does not show up in the string of "extra apps" in her Medallion app (like it does in mine).

As far as I know, the Medallion Class app replaced all the others. Everything's in that.

1 hour ago, WoodstockGirl said:

You don’t download the OceanCompass. It is part of the MedallionClass App.

If she signs into the App…

move down about 5 categories and

you’ll see OceanCompass.

It is available to use on the ship.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

You don’t download the OceanCompass. It is part of the MedallionClass App.

If she signs into the App…

move down about 5 categories and

you’ll see OceanCompass.

It is available to use on the ship.

Yes... that makes perfect sense, and it's true on my Medallion App. But, it is not on hers. She only has Play Ocean, Ocean Ready, and Ocean Pay, and then nothing after those headings. 

6 hours ago, WoodstockGirl said:

You should check your own App version and see if you have latest version.  Seems hard to believe, but reads like you may have an old carry-over App on your phone from pre-Covid days.  I'd delete it and install the new one. 

1 minute ago, WoodstockGirl said:

Yes... that makes perfect sense, and it's true on my Medallion App. But, it is not on hers. She only has Play Ocean, Ocean Ready, and Ocean Pay, and then nothing after those headings. 

Just seeing this after I posted.  Doesn't make sense.  Are you sure she isn't looking at old Apps?

All anyone should have on their phone is MedallionClass.

42 minutes ago, WoodstockGirl said:

Is she on the website version of the App?

Or, did she download the MedallionClass App on her phone or laptop?  If so, tell her to delete the App and reinstall. 

That’s really odd.