Covid restrictions so confusing

Szt

HELP!  We are so confused. While NCL no longer requires vaccinations, several of our stops are in Greece. We are told that Greece considers you vaccinated if you got your booster within 270 days,  If not, you have to be tested within 72 hrs. 
My husband had his 4th shot in January, which is more than 270 days. My daughter got her only booster last Oct. she was told, under 50, they would not give an additional booster. So the question is, do they check passengers as they get off the ship in Greece? Do they offer testing on the ship? 
We will be in Italy for about a week before our cruise so can’t get them tested before we go. I’d hate to try to find a place to get tests while touring Italy. 

So, should we risk it? Are they being that strict?

It would appear that by today's requirements you would be considered unvaccinated and would require a negative test either 2 or 3 days before embarcation.

Provide proof of one of the following:

1. Negative COVID-19 antigen test within two days of the embarkation date (Self-administered home test not accepted)
  2. Negative NAAT test (i.e., PCR) within three days of embarkation date (Self-administered home test not accepted)
  3. COVID-19 Recovery Certificate*

Applicable to all sailings that call on Greece, regardless of embarkation port: Unvaccinated guests may be required to test occasionally throughout the voyage if deemed necessary by Greek Authorities. Guests would be responsible for the cost** Applicable to all itineraries that call on Greece ports.

12 minutes ago, Szt said:

HELP!  We are so confused. While NCL no longer requires vaccinations, several of our stops are in Greece. We are told that Greece considers you vaccinated if you got your booster within 270 days,  If not, you have to be tested within 72 hrs. 
My husband had his 4th shot in January, which is more than 270 days. My daughter got her only booster last Oct. she was told, under 50, they would not give an additional booster. So the question is, do they check passengers as they get off the ship in Greece? Do they offer testing on the ship? 
We will be in Italy for about a week before our cruise so can’t get them tested before we go. I’d hate to try to find a place to get tests while touring Italy. 

Just for the record, the Omicron booster just released is approved for everyone 18 years and older, with the Pfizer booster approved for everyone 12 years and older.

https://www.cdc.gov/media/releases/2022/s0901-covid-19-booster.html

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Szt said:

https://www.ncl.com/travel-requirements-by-country#greece

Sorry, long winded.  I let the air out. 

Edited by Andros

I ran into an issue.  You are fully vaccinated if you have had your initial vaccination(s) and one booster.  No further boosters needed.  If you have not had a booster within 270 days of your initial vaccination you will need to get a booster.  The link I provided gives this info.  You should be able to find a Farmacia to do a covid test and provide you the results within an hour.  Inconvenient, yes. At this time, required.  Not sure when you are sailing but it could change by then. 

These are requirement if your cruise originates in Greece. 

Now I am confused.🙄  I am only trying to help. I promise. 🤗

Edited by Andros
Cause I cannot find a complete answer.

2 hours ago, Szt said:

Under today's protocols (don't know what they will be at the time of your cruise), you are required to test regardless of vaccination status. So long as  you have had at least 1 booster, you are considered vaccinated. But you still have to test. 

Yes, if there is a requirement to test and you don't test, you will be denied boarding.

We have used a NCL-recommended eMed proctored test for all of our cruises.