Celebrity’s Offshore Call Centers Sink Their Reputation For Service

Bobsgonecoastal

7 hours ago, ScottC4746 said:

I left my former TA because of similar comments.  Mostly, "make sure you want to make this change because I have to wait on hold for over an hour."  A TA should never overshare.

I like the TA that I've been using the last 10+ years.  She has done well for me.  And I TOTALLY understand her not wanting to spend an hour or more on hold for stuff.  When everything is smooth, it goes well.  

Let's face it.  No one wants to make pennies per hour.  If a cruise is a budget one, and all goes well, it is simple to just book directly with the cruise line since the TA makes so little commission they can't offer any OBC back to us.  

In the case of mine... she is looking forward to retirement before too long. But I've learned a LOT from her in the last decade.  She has earned every cruise I've booked through her.  

I also am frustrated by the people on the other end of the line at celebrity. I do use a TA for that reason. I am totally capable of researching and booking by myself but here and there my travel agent has advocated for me and this was priceless. Yesterday, I called for information on my  Galapagos trip and was given all incorrect information. The connection was poor and the person was extremely hard to understand. I think she was sick. I also chose the option when I called that I was working with a travel agent. I wonder if they send you to lower level, people because they don’t make much money on you if you booked through a TA. I know good help is hard to find, but I look at their employment site all the time (because I would love that job)and never see them advertise. I assume they just go off shore for cheap labor.