Chances of next weeks Canadian cruise happening

smlri

Yeesh. Okey dokey. I completely agree that the trip is not the most important thing in the world, but it is also not unreasonable for customers of a company to expect clear communication about a trip they have spent a lot of money on. More than one thing can be true at the same time. 

• Like 1

Agree. And if a port is not safe I doubt they would be inviting ships to dock or the government would even let them if the situation is bad just for some tourist dollars. 

I have been looking forward to visiting this area for a long time and this cruise came along at the right time. It’s not unusual for someone to wonder about changes to the itinerary.  

1 hour ago, 4966and556 said:

The east coast of Canada is dealing with the aftermath of a hurricane for goodness sake!!    People have died, power is out, buildings are damaged, trees are down.   Even if you do dock,  it might not be safe to walk around the port or go on your previously planned excursion. Cancel your trip if you don't want more sea days.   

And things are changing rapidly and probably not completely predictably.  I'm not on a cruise in the area soon but if I were I would not want to miss a port simply because HAL couldn't guarantee it's availability several days before embarkation.  If a port is ready for and wants us I would want to go there.  A little flexibility is a definite bonus for me.

Roy