Platinum Concierge Benefit

blaurie

Good morning!

I just boarded The Breakaway and as usual we weren't given a letter or any information on contacting the concierge. I asked at CruiseNext/Lat Rewards and was told now they will act as our Concierge contact. Has anyone else heard this?

We didn't get any information about priority tenders or the like since boarding. Today disembarking via tender in Newport was a mess!

Cruise Next is your concierge.  They will steer the benefits.  I personally have never used them as I found I could do as well or better on my own.

Unless you're in the Haven, and have a Haven Concierge, (dis)embarkation is typically hectic as everyone tries to get off the ship first. I find letting the "throngs" dissipate for a bit eases the hassle of getting on or off the ship.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, blaurie said:

Good morning!

I just boarded The Breakaway and as usual we weren't given a letter or any information on contacting the concierge. I asked at CruiseNext/Lat Rewards and was told now they will act as our Concierge contact. Has anyone else heard this?

We didn't get any information about priority tenders or the like since boarding. Today disembarking via tender in Newport was a mess!

You should have received priority tender passes as noted in the benefits. 

4 hours ago, graphicguy said:

(dis)embarkation is typically hectic as everyone tries to get off the ship first. I find letting the "throngs" dissipate for a bit eases the hassle of getting on or off the ship.

Yep.  A human behavior that continues to baffle me.  The same folks who were stumbling over each other a week earlier to get on the ship now can't wait to get off the ship.  The buffet is still open.  The bar is still open.  Where is it that people can't wait to get to?  If you have an early flight, then book a later one next time! 😎

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, KeithJenner said:

There are no priority tender passes for latitudes. All the benefit means is that you can join the queue whenever you want without having to collect a timed ticket first. You just show your keycard if they ask to see your ticket.

Priority Tender Tickets*
(for applicable ports)    

This is right on their website for Gold and above. I have received them in the past but maybe things have changed....

Edited by 2boyzmom

Just now, 2boyzmom said:

Priority Tender Tickets*
(for applicable ports)    

This is right on their website for Gold and above. I have received them in the past.

Did you ask for them, or just get them?

I enquired about tickets years ago when we first made gold, and were told that we didn't need them. Since then, we have been at tender ports many times and have never once been offered any tender ticket or had any trouble getting off the ship with anything other than our card. A couple of times when on a cruise with tenders I have specifically been told by the CruiseNext staff (without asking them) that we could just join the queue for tenders whenever we wanted.

3 minutes ago, KeithJenner said:

Did you ask for them, or just get them?

I enquired about tickets years ago when we first made gold, and were told that we didn't need them. Since then, we have been at tender ports many times and have never once been offered any tender ticket or had any trouble getting off the ship with anything other than our card. A couple of times when on a cruise with tenders I have specifically been told by the CruiseNext staff (without asking them) that we could just join the queue for tenders whenever we wanted.

Honestly i don't recall if I asked but knowing me i did :). I like the idea of joining the queue anytime. We are tendering to Grand Cayman with 3 or 4 ships in port so i definitely will be off early to get my chair at the one beach bar on Seven Mile Beach still open...

Edited by 2boyzmom
  • Like 1