Sky Princess Covid Quarantine deck??

adgtravel

Has anyone been on Sky Princess lately and noticed which deck is used for Covid Quarantine?  We were on Royal in June and deck 9 (Dolphin)

was blocked off for Covid cases.  We have an aft corner suite booked on deck 9 in a few months, and am concerned we will be moved to a different location!  Thanks for any info!

I assumed they did not block the suites since they are so expensive.  We are in an aft corner on dolphin in 2 months so hopefully it is not a problem.  

Do they normally block the entire deck or just 1 side. We thought we may need to walk down the other side of the ship and cross over to our suite at the back of the ship.

11 hours ago, adgtravel said:

Has anyone been on Sky Princess lately and noticed which deck is used for Covid Quarantine?  We were on Royal in June and deck 9 (Dolphin)

was blocked off for Covid cases.  We have an aft corner suite booked on deck 9 in a few months, and am concerned we will be moved to a different location!  Thanks for any info!

We were in D710 in late August.

The quarantine started after D702 , going forward on the port side.

Starboard side was open.

Therefore, the suites at the back appeared to be unaffected, for our sailing anyway!

Hope this helps.

37 minutes ago, alpha whiskey said:

We were in D710 in late August.

The quarantine started after D702 , going forward on the port side.

Starboard side was open.

Therefore, the suites at the back appeared to be unaffected, for our sailing anyway!

Hope this helps.

We were recently on the Enchanted Princess. Quarantine was the same - mid to front, port side on Dolphin deck. Both sides were open at the aft elevators.We were in the aft corner suite and had no access issues.

On the Royal it seemed like the entire port side on Dolphin was for covid isolation. We were moved from a mail aft suite on Marina deck to an identical suite on Dolphin when we were infected. We are booked in a Vista suite aft Dolphin on the Ruby in November. We have not heard of any change

Are they still using isolation cabins?  I thought I have read they are quarantining passengers in their own cabins and delivering room service.  
Friends on the current sailing had a surprise test before boarding cost of $10 per person and masks to be worn for the next 6 days transatlantic.  
Not sure how many cases this picked up before boarding.  My guess is they were afraid of a severe outbreak and numbers too high to dock on arrival in Newfoundland.  

22 minutes ago, seapals2 said:

Are they still using isolation cabins?  I thought I have read they are quarantining passengers in their own cabins and delivering room service.  
Friends on the current sailing had a surprise test before boarding cost of $10 per person and masks to be worn for the next 6 days transatlantic.  
Not sure how many cases this picked up before boarding.  My guess is they were afraid of a severe outbreak and numbers too high to dock on arrival in Newfoundland.  

A number of people have reported here on CC that they, or people they knew, were in fact being allowed to quarantine in their cabins. If I had to guess, I'd imagine that those balcony cabins on Dolphin deck (as we saw on the Enchanted last week) would probably be used to quarantine pax from inside cabins, and also quite probably crew members. With the tight quarters the crew must endure, quarantining them in the lower decks could be problematic.

• Like 1