Outside lights on balcony?

GBSfan

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2820/~/balcony-stateroom-information

Balcony Lighting
You are able to control the light fixture on your balcony until 2:00am. After 2:00am, the Bridge has the ability to override and turn off the lights on the balconies in certain circumstances/conditions such as fog, haze, moon phases and in adverse weather conditions or when he/she deems necessary in order to protect the safety of the navigation in the night.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, staceyglow said:

The worst is when people leave their balcony light on all night.  It means I have to close my curtains completely to get any sleep.

Sometimes folks don't even realize there's a switch for their balcony light.  One time our neighbor's balcony light was on all night (which of course made it impossible for us to sit on the balcony at night and enjoy the stars), the next day our cabin steward was kind enough to turn the offending light off when she serviced their cabin and it never came back on for the rest of the cruise.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have in the past….more than 1 cruise…

Noticed a neighbour have their balcony light on all night…the next day there was a polite note in their mailbox, asking them to turn off the light when not in use.

I agree, many don’t even know they CAN turn it off, as the switch is often hidden behind curtains.

• Like 1