In room TV on Maraviglia, what's it like?

coldinerie

Right now on the Meraviglia 

LIVE tV  - limited options in each of 6 languages

Example   - from channel 20 to 40 there are only 2 news channels in English 

Otherwise nothing else except cruise specific info

Video on demand has many movies - a decent variety

The Internet works surprisingly well.

We are experienced cruisers but this is our first MSC

3 hours ago, BklynBorn47 said:

Price for movies on demand ? $8.99? Even in YC ?

5 hours ago, phissy said:

Price for movies on demand ? $8.99? Even in YC ?

I do not recall any discounts for TV in the YC.  On the other hand, we do not go on cruises to watch TV and I only recall seeing one movie in over 1200 days on ships.  If we want to watch TV we simply stay home :).

Hank

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Hlitner said:

I do not recall any discounts for TV in the YC.  On the other hand, we do not go on cruises to watch TV and I only recall seeing one movie in over 1200 days on ships.  If we want to watch TV we simply stay home :).

Hank

Totally agree EXCEPT on this 40 + day trip my husband cut his foot in Athens. So more time in the cabin for him resting his stitches.

Suddenly it would be nice to have more TV options

Travel, history, nature channels maybe?

9 hours ago, Hlitner said:

Hank

Why do people have to do this? Just because you don't like to do something, doesn't mean you have to take pot shots at folks who do.  I don't watch TV at home, I didn't even have one for over a year, but I enjoyed a couple movies I hadn't seen before when I was on Princess.  There are a few activities that a lot of people really enjoy on cruise ships that I do not, but I don't feel the need to go on threads about them and try to make them feel bad about liking something different than me.

To actually answer the question,  currently on the ship in Europe, there are only two English language stations and they are both news channels. Sky News and CNN International Europe. I suspect that changes when it's US-based. I was on the Divina out of PC last November and I don't remember what the TV situation was, but I think if it had just been two news channels I might have remembered that.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, BklynBorn47 said:

Totally agree EXCEPT on this 40 + day trip my husband cut his foot in Athens. So more time in the cabin for him resting his stitches.

Suddenly it would be nice to have more TV options

Travel, history, nature channels maybe?

One thing I really did like about Princess was that all the enrichment lectures and port talks were filmed and put up on the TV as video on demand.   That was great because stuff often conflicted so then I could just go back and watch the port talk right before bed before going to that port the next day. They even added the live NASA feed for the Artemis launch countdown, which I thought was fantastic.  The launch ended up being scrubbed, but I was really appreciative that they gave us the opportunity to watch it. Because I had been sad that I was going to miss it since the internet was nowhere near good enough to stream it. 

3 minutes ago, racephoto said:

One thing I really did like about Princess was that all the enrichment lectures and port talks were filmed and put up on the TV as video on demand.   That was great because stuff often conflicted so then I could just go back and watch the port talk right before bed before going to that port the next day. They even added the live NASA feed for the Artemis launch countdown, which I thought was fantastic.  The launch ended up being scrubbed, but I was really appreciative that they gave us the opportunity to watch it. Because I had been sad that I was going to miss it since the internet was nowhere near good enough to stream it. 

That's similar to our experiences on Norwegian

12 hours ago, Hlitner said:

Hank

That’s nice that you don’t go on cruises to watch tv.  On my 3120 days on cruise ships. I like to fall asleep to watching tv.   Just because you don’t like it doesn’t make it wrong.   I bet there’s things you do that others don’t like.    Just sayin.
Like not watching tv.   what don’t you just keep you personal feelings out of this and just answer the question.  Or just move along.    

• Like 1

22 hours ago, BklynBorn47 said:

Thanks for this.

Cheers