NCL Pearl Canada-New England LIVE

jsn55

We are in Halifax this morning on NCL Pearl, our first and only Canadian port; we missed Charlottetown and Sydney trying to avoid Fiona. We were 33 hours late getting out of Quebec, it was very cool sailing out in the dark with all the pretty lights.   So what do we see now at 8am in Halifax after two days at sea?  Solid fog!  You can't make this stuff up.   We're avoiding big gatherings on the ship so as not to have to hear all the complaining.  What do they think ... the Captain can just magically stick to the itinerary no matter what?  We're just glad to be out on a ship.  RCCL's Voyager just slipped into the dock in front of us, great to watch her come in.   This is our first NCL cruise in years, Pearl is a lovely ship with a fabulous crew.  We're giving up on the fall foliage for now, if the sun ever shines again perhaps we will see some beautiful trees along the East Coast on our way to Boston. 

• Like 2

It is beautiful here in Maine, and  should be beautiful all this week. Not sure if you have any Maine stops, but if you do you should be rewarded! We don't have a lot of color yet in Central Maine, but I'm sure the Northern area is ahead of us in that department. Enjoy your cruise! We sailed on the Pearl a few times this summer to Bermuda; we liked the ship.

Edited by KateQ22003
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, KateQ22003 said:

It is beautiful here in Maine, and  should be beautiful all this week. Not sure if you have any Maine stops, but if you do you should be rewarded! We don't have a lot of color yet in Central Maine, but I'm sure the Northern area is ahead of us in that department. Enjoy your cruise! We sailed on the Pearl a few times this summer to Bermuda; we liked the ship.

Oh, thank you, Kate!  We call at Portland and Bar Harbor over the next two days.  Portland will be pretty screwed up, we're there a short time and we all have to parade past US Immigration, so probably not much time to do anything.  It will be wonderful to stroll around in sunshine and beautiful trees, no matter what color.  It's too bad we can't leave the fog and rain of Halifax early so we have a whole day in Portland, but I'm sure that would be a logistical impossibility. 

If you get the chance in Portland, go to the Sea Bags store. it's my favorite!  It's also pretty much right off the ship, so you don't have to go far. Also, the docking into Portland is absolutely beautiful. I have lived in Maine most of my life and had never seen it from the sea- it is a nice docking. 

• Like 1

I woke up at 645 ... glorious sunrise!  Blue skies and pretty clouds ... now all we have to do is hope the Immigration people get right on with this when we dock.  I will look for 'Sea Bags'; not much of a shopper but I love to stroll around and take it all in.  

• Like 1

Thanks for the updates.  Sorry to hear about the missed ports due to the storm.  We have been on a few cruises that changed their itinerary due to the weather. You can't fool around with mother nature.

We sail on the Pearl on 10/14. she is the the only Jewel-class ship we have not sailed on. We are looking forward to the cruise as they are our favorite class of ships.

Hopefully, Charlottetown and Sydney will have recovered from the storm damage by the time we get there.

• Like 1