Diving in Bonaire

mac66

Going to the ABCs in late November. I'm set for Aruba and Curacao looking for dive shop recommendations for Bonaire.

Probably looking for a 2 tank dive and suggestions as to where to dive would also be appreciated.  When I was there the last time we snorkeled off Klein Bonaire and I saw divers way below, looked like a good place to dive but I'm open to other suggestions.

I checked a number of recommended places and decided on Dive Friends in Bonaire. They got back to me very quickly and had a very reasonable/cheapest price.

I'm actually diving on all of the ABCs this time. 

Went with the cruise ship in Aruba because it was just the easiest and actually the cheapest. May be a cattle boat but it's easy to dive on a ship excursion.  I did check with Jeff at Happy Divers who I've used before.  Something was going on with him, his price was way out of line this time.

Went with Scubacao in Curacao. I've dived with them before and they do a good job and are reasonably priced.

This will be the first time I dive three  days in a row on a cruise. Partly because "why not?" partly because, we've been to the ABC a couple times before so have pretty much seen the islands and except for the ship excursion my wife can go along and snorkel while I dive so she won't be alone.   With that option she's given me approval to dive every day.

Edited by mac66

On 9/27/2022 at 10:28 AM, bruzin_for_a_cruizin said:

I have had a great experience diving off a cruise ship with VIP Diving Bonaire. Truly a bespoke service, with the guide only responsible for me and one other diver.

I reached out to VIP and they came up with a great dive package for me.  I will most likely be going with them.  Thanks for the lead.

• Like 1

We have been to Bonaire twice for 7-day land vacations, so I can honestly tell you there are ZERO bad dives in Bonaire.  It is the shore diving capital of the world as many reefs are just walking distance right off the shore line.  We did do both shore and boat dives there and most dives are pretty similar.  

That said... go with whomever  you want for diving there, you seriously cannot go wrong.  

a video to let you see: