How does RCI determine what time you disembark?

Sun Lover

We will be on a cruise in November on Voyager of the Seas and the last day when we disembark our flight isn't until 6 p.m.  On previous cruises a few years ago we were assigned a time when we would leave the ship and it was based on the time of your flight.  Is this still the case?  Can we request a later time to leave the ship?  Does anyone know how late they would let us stay on the ship?  Thanks.

Last time to get off is usually 930 or so.  There's always a few stragglers, but everyone is usually off the ship by 10 at the latest.   RCI very temporarily had a program where you could pay to stay a bit later in public spaces only, but that's gone.  

Edited by BND

1 minute ago, Sun Lover said:

Thanks for replying.  I called RCI and the rep said they have no info and that we wouldn't be able to find out anything until we were on the cruise.  If we could stay on the ship until 9 or so, that would be great.

There's a departure questionnaire that you are supposed to fill out (QR code on cruise compass) ... pick the latest departure time. 

I can’t figure out how they choose who goes first.  On our last cruise, I live 15 min from the pier and I had group 7.  Our table mates said they put down on their form they have flights at 11am.  They were in group 21.  Go figure.

8 hours ago, Tulsacoker said:

We have priority disembark since we were in suites but we hung around the ship until 9:30 (got out of our room my 7:30 for the steward to clean for next cruise) since our flight back home wasn't until 2:00 

We did you stay on the ship till 9:30....Windjammer, promanade??