Nevis on our own???

tabprincess

We would love to go to Nevis for the day on Nov. 11, 2022, but don't want to do the Princess tour as it includes a 2 hour island tour.  We are just interested in Pinney's Beach.  Anyone ever done this and if so, how?   I tried to book through Viator, but they are full for that day.  The ferry seems to only go twice a day and that makes me nervous.

11 hours ago, tabprincess said:

We would love to go to Nevis for the day on Nov. 11, 2022, but don't want to do the Princess tour as it includes a 2 hour island tour.  We are just interested in Pinney's Beach.  Anyone ever done this and if so, how?   I tried to book through Viator, but they are full for that day.  The ferry seems to only go twice a day and that makes me nervous.

It was pre COVID (open to general public)

Take a taxi (about $30/35 per cab each way) to Reggie Beach Pier to catch sea shuttle to Nevis (think it was $20/25 ppp each way) to Charleston port.  There was no actual timetable with plenty of transfers.  Ample taxis at Nevis port for tours etc.  if time, head to Sunshine’s for a couple of killer bees.  You have been warned! -

Additional:

There will also be plenty of shuttle minibus taxis to Reggie and return to ship (Not sure about the fare but work on $10/12 pp e//w)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

In 2019, we took the ferry. We walked to the ferry from the cruiseship, then on nevis we walked through town down to pinney’s beach, about half hour walk. Coming back, our ship was in port till around 6 pm and we took not the last ferry but the one before (just in case) and everything went smoothly, but from what I recall, there was more than 2 ferries per day. It was cheaper than the private shuttles from the south en of st kitts.

• Thanks 1