Crown Princess - British Electrical Plugs in Balcony Cabins?

Smokeyham

26 minutes ago, Smokeyham said:

Hello,

Does anyone know if there are any British electrical plugs in balcony cabins on the Crown Princess?  From videos I have seen US and European but heard that there might be some British ones?

Thanks.

Not as far as I know.

4 hours ago, beg3yrs said:

If you're looking for 220v, I do believe there are European-style 220v plugs available. Sometimes behind the bed. A Euro-to-UK adapter would do the trick there.

Correct - but you need an adaptor, as you say.

Adaptors are normally available on board from the cabin steward, for us Brits who cannot imagine why anyone would have an unearthed, unfused electrical appliance! 

48 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Adaptors are normally available on board from the cabin steward, for us Brits who cannot imagine why anyone would have an unearthed, unfused electrical appliance! 

While I have seen Euro-style sockets with an "earth" (see I can speak more than one language) connection on the edge, I can't say whether the ship's sockets are grounded.

8 hours ago, beg3yrs said:

If you're looking for 220v, I do believe there are European-style 220v plugs available. Sometimes behind the bed. A Euro-to-UK adapter would do the trick there.

Thanks, but I was just looking for a British plug.  I have a British-American adapter and am trying to determine if bringing that would give me an extra outlet to use.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, wowzz said:

The american power does have an earth, the UK system is floating. The fuses are humorous since we have fuses in the devices and breakers in the distribution box. Those breakers are for line fire protection and the device fuses are for protection of the devices. The fuses in the UK plugs do not really do anything. It is odd that people in europe are so terrified of the mains supply that even the light switch for the bathroom is outside the room. In the US you are required to have an outlet on either side of the sink if the counter is 12" or wider. Outdoor spas are required to have an outlet within 6 feet of the spa so you can plug in your stereo or tv.

The main problem with UK plugs and adapters is the enormous size of them. The ships tend to have the narrow (even by US standards) plugs so the adapters would cover up the next outlet (and there are only two). Extension cords are your friend.