Getting from YVR Value Long Term Parking to Port

IPB4IGO

We will be driving up the day before our Oct. 8 cruise out of Canada Place, parking in the long term parking lot at the airport. We will have several bags, more than I want to deal with on the Skytrain. 

Is there a shuttle that will take us from that lot to a taxi stand?

Thanks.

We parked at the long term lot last May for two weeks. As I remember, the shuttle back to the terminal operates when the train doesn’t so you may need to take the skytrain back to the airport to get other transportation downtown. We had quite a bit of luggage as well but just hopped on the train direct to downtown and it worked well.

13 hours ago, Glaciers said:

We parked at the long term lot last May for two weeks. As I remember, the shuttle back to the terminal operates when the train doesn’t so you may need to take the skytrain back to the airport to get other transportation downtown. We had quite a bit of luggage as well but just hopped on the train direct to downtown and it worked well.

Thanks. I just reviewed the document for my reservation in the long term lot and, sure enough, it says that the shuttle only runs in the wee hours of the morning, when the skytrain is not running. I guess we'll be shlepping our bags on and off the train.

@IPB4IGO 

It wasn’t a bad experience as there was plenty of room for our bags, at least when we traveled. Our hotel was about a 3 block walk once we got into downtown.  I was a bit impatient when I arrived at the parking lot and didn’t give the scanner time complete the process so used my CC to enter. Upon departing I had to use the call button, give them my original booking number and they wipe the charges due to my mistake. Our two weeks there was about $135US that we thought was a very good rate.  You may have cellular service in Canada, we didn’t so I took photos of everything to use for parking, ARRCan, covid verification, etc.

5 hours ago, IPB4IGO said:

Thanks. I just reviewed the document for my reservation in the long term lot and, sure enough, it says that the shuttle only runs in the wee hours of the morning, when the skytrain is not running. I guess we'll be shlepping our bags on and off the train.

So it only applies to those early birds...Not sure what the shuttles we saw a couple of weeks ago then were doing???

4 hours ago, Glaciers said:

@IPB4IGO 

It wasn’t a bad experience as there was plenty of room for our bags, at least when we traveled. Our hotel was about a 3 block walk once we got into downtown.  I was a bit impatient when I arrived at the parking lot and didn’t give the scanner time complete the process so used my CC to enter. Upon departing I had to use the call button, give them my original booking number and they wipe the charges due to my mistake. Our two weeks there was about $135US that we thought was a very good rate.  You may have cellular service in Canada, we didn’t so I took photos of everything to use for parking, ARRCan, covid verification, etc.

When we used that lot in May 13 to June 5 the charge was about $134, approximately a third what it would have cost to stay at Canada Place. When we entered the lot I was fooling with the QR code on my phone until I realized that their reader had already recognized our license plate.

They make it easy.

• Like 1