Using my rollator in the buffet

GoHuskies!

I really like my Drive rollator, which folds easily by pulling up on the handle in the middle of the seat.  However, the cushioned (and convex) seat does not allow for carrying anything small securely, and I'd like to use it in the ship's buffet to carry my plate.  Here is my solution:

Note that the seat, though comfortable, is somewhat convex and would not hold a dish securely:

image.thumb.jpeg.daf90bf7f54ffe121bd7d8e39cb539f3.jpeg

Here's the finished tray that sits on the seat:

image.thumb.jpeg.a4bbdb20e15b80ba4d435f2befc437ae.jpeg

On the underside I contact-glued these foam pieces to stabilize the tray:

image.thumb.jpeg.6cb518fd27200c8ad7222334ed3b7d85.jpeg

And I took my daughter's advice to test it out around the house.  It's very stable, even transitioning to carpet, tile, etc.  Doesn't need a bungee cord or other attachment.  The tray has to travel in our suitcase, since it doesn't fold (that's the whole idea).

image.thumb.jpeg.08feb5f94b8f00d09df2bcf6c5a364ec.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Essiesmom said:

Did you try it with liquid in the glasses?  Just curious if sloshing liquid might be a problem.  EM

No sloshing--but that depends on how smoothly you walk, of course.  Also normally we would take food plates to the table and then pick up drinks.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/1/2022 at 6:28 PM, Essiesmom said:

And hope no one bumps into it.  People can be so oblivious.  EM

Yes they can.  As an update, I used my rollator with the tray very successfully in the buffet with no problems.  It was stable and wide enough to accommodate the dish plus a cup and/or a bowl.  More than once service staff offered to help and that was fine, but the tray did the trick.  My only issue was that in order to get down the hallway there was always a person who left their scooter out in the way, against the rule but never stopped from doing this.  I had to fold my rollator to get past it every day on this 15-day cruise on Princess.

• Like 2