Souvenir costs in Noumea

1 hour ago, OzKruser said:

How much do souvenirs cost in Noumea, near the port?

Need to know how much money to bring 

I have often bought souvenirs or freshwater pearls in the cruise terminal. I used AUD to buy freshwater pearls that cost from AUD$16 to $80. The stallholders always gave a good exchange rate. If you want to buy smaller items they would be available for $10-$20. Change your money if you like into French Pacific Francs but it is difficult to know how much to change because you don't know what you will want to buy. That's why I use AUD (notes only of course). Although I have always been quoted a good exchange rate (sometimes better than good!) I don't end up with a small amount of foreign currency that isn't any use to me.

• Like 1

There used to be a very good souvenir shop at Anse Vatu Beach which has good quality souvenirs not junk. They had a good range of stuff, not superexpensive. Hopefully they are still there.

There was also an extremely good coffee shop near the roundabout there.

• Like 1

There is an ATM at the market at the port, but you need a debit card with no fees for foreign exchange, or you will get a very poor rate.  One of the market pavilions is dedicated to local goods like jewellery and clothing, and the prices seemed to me to be as good as you will gte in New caledonia. It's an expensive place generally.