Carnival Dream, LIVE 10/8/22-10/16/22

MeganGC1983

YTD wait times were really bad last month on the Ecstasy. One night we waited an hour and a half to be seated. I thought that maybe since it was a Journeys cruise with lots of Platinums and Diamonds that might have been the reason but maybe it's a new trend,

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, keels81 said:

You might be on to something, but I think set time dining is more of the issue than YTD? Maybe cut the 5:30 set time allotment in half, do away with second seating and that frees up the dining room and galley to be more reactive to orders than just blanket pushing out stuff at two set times? Spitballing here

I have no problem with adjusting/changing assigned dining times and honestly don’t have a strong preference as to exactly what the assigned time is. I understand meeting the preferences if the majority and that definitely seems to be trending to YTD. I just hope the keep some form if assigned dining. That is one of the main reasons we choose Carnival over certain other lines that don’t offer it. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, lennythenose said:

I have no problem with adjusting/changing assigned dining times and honestly don’t have a strong preference as to exactly what the assigned time is. I understand meeting the preferences if the majority and that definitely seems to be trending to YTD. I just hope the keep some form if assigned dining. That is one of the main reasons we choose Carnival over certain other lines that don’t offer it. 

I really don’t mind a wait, but one minute after it opens and it’s full?! I’m not sure about that. I had everyone ready to go and then they had to wait. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, grantbob said:

YTD wait times were really bad last month on the Ecstasy. One night we waited an hour and a half to be seated. I thought that maybe since it was a Journeys cruise with lots of Platinums and Diamonds that might have been the reason but maybe it's a new trend,

It hasn’t been that bad this sailing, but we usually go at the very last minute since there’s so much to see and do since it’s the last sailing. I think the longest we waited was 20?

I honestly wish we could pre-pay for specialty dining and then book it day of like YTD (Chef’s Table being the exception) because I hate missing shows, comedians, etc. And everything can change slightly.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MeganGC1983 said:

I really don’t mind a wait, but one minute after it opens and it’s full?! I’m not sure about that. I had everyone ready to go and then they had to wait. 

Agreed!  My only solo cruise I had YTD and didn’t care about the wait. But when my kids were younger that would have been stressful. No problem at home but too many other things they wanted to do on a cruise😂

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, MeganGC1983 said:

Yeah. No way. Unless they were allowing walk ups to request tables before they opened.

• Like 2

When we were on the Spirit in April the longest ytd  was 80 minutes.  Our friends always were able to get right in and said it actually starts a couple of minutes earlier than the original request time.  So for example at 5:18 I was able to request a table as opposed to 5:20. When I did that it was only about a 5-10 minute wait. 

• Like 1