vaccine question - US resident cruise from florida

kristapb

Sorry if this has already been discussed; I did search but had no luck in finding an answer to this.

The MSC websire says:

• Fully vaccinated guests must present their original vaccination card or certificate reflecting all required doses at embarkation prior to boarding. The vaccination card/certificate must be valid for the duration of the entire cruise. (bolded by me)

Does anyone know what they mean by the second sentence?  How would you know if your vaccination card is "valid" for the duration of the cruise?

Thanks to anyone who can shed some light on this!

Kristin

I believe that is a hold-over from the European requirement that they had to get re-vaccinated after six months.  I have not had any issues cruising on MSC this year and my last booster was quite a while ago (I was in the first groups to receive booster #2).

3 hours ago, kristapb said:

Sorry if this has already been discussed; I did search but had no luck in finding an answer to this.

The MSC websire says:

• Fully vaccinated guests must present their original vaccination card or certificate reflecting all required doses at embarkation prior to boarding. The vaccination card/certificate must be valid for the duration of the entire cruise. (bolded by me)

Does anyone know what they mean by the second sentence?  How would you know if your vaccination card is "valid" for the duration of the cruise?

Thanks to anyone who can shed some light on this!

Kristin

I happened to see the below paragraph while doing a search for something else and remembered your question, I think GA Dave is right, might have something to do with Europe, not sure how old the info is.

Cunard requires all adults to be vaccinated, including with a booster if more than 270 days have passed since their initial vaccination, and take a test before departure, according to its website.

Not exactly on topic, but…

Just off the MSC Seashore. We were boosted with Pfizer bivalent on September 7. Also had monitored test a day before we boarded and were negative. 

Not a lot of mask wearing other than the crew, which often became chinstraps. 

We avoided the excursions, only getting off at the island. Stayed in our little cabin area or by the one pool. Very conscientious about hand sanitizing. 

Friday night husband had a dry itchy cough, like allergies.   After disembarking, and once home( we live close by the port) I thought I should test him, as he started to feel worse. Husband tested positive 2x on Saturday afternoon. On Paxlovid and now feeling better, but it has been a rough several days. 

Just know that the virus is still around and easily caught. Be careful and cautious.

Edited by spinnaker2
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, spinnaker2 said:

Stayed in our little cabin area or by the one pool.

Sounds like you were in Yacht Club -- correct? We're used to YC where there is typically more personal space than the rest of the ship so just wanted to clarify. (We cruise this weekend for a 12-day and we're hoping to avoid infection.)

Yes best cat. We were very far forward, 19002. We really stayed in our cabin most of the time as we had the balcony area. Ate our meals at the one pool area other than dinner. Tried to maintain distances, did not go to the bar. 

I know we all want this dreaded disease to be gone, but it isn’t, even with prudent measures. 

Good luck.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, spinnaker2 said:

I know we all want this dreaded disease to be gone, but it isn’t, even with prudent measures. 

Good luck.

Thanks for the info. Maybe our YC will be empty enough that we'll avoid it. Or not. I hate to eat on One Deck all the time just to avoid it. But if this ship is at full capacity, maybe we'll do that. And hope your spouse gets well soon!

Best cat, the YC was almost at capacity I am told.

Even with the storm!

The weather was pleasant enough to enjoy eating outside.

It was very frightening just how fast the virus took hold and took over my husband. The cough and congestion, debilitating. Even with the Paxlovid. I was monitoring his O2 stats, as we have a monitor. If they dropped I would have brought him to the hospital.

Clearly there are pax who had the virus and either didn’t suspect, or didn’t want to quarantine, or who knows. 

We have gotten off topic.

7 minutes ago, kristapb said:

Thanks GA Dave and coscab.  And we'll do our best to dodge that nasty virus when we're on the Meraviglia in a couple weeks!

I just cruised on Divina three weeks ago.  Did everything I wanted to do, including dancing in the nightclub, dining all over, etc.  The following weekend, my daughter and I went to a jam-packed Universal Orlando.  They were filling every attraction as tight as back in 2019, with no open seats, etc.  Tested every day for the week after both the cruise and Universal.  No Covid.

• Like 2