Rockstar Agent (concierge)

vikkster

I didn’t have much luck getting a surprise pre-planed, but I get the online agents are probably limited in what they can offer. Definitely contact them and let them know, that way your rockstar agent onboard is aware and you can work with them on plans. The online contract has been super helpful for minor questions and solving a few issues. You can contact your agent at redgloveservice@virginvoyages.com 

Since we are getting close to our sail date I reached out to see if I could work out a surprise for our anniversary. I had hoped for a little more engagement since our anniversary is the day we board. They did note the date, and they might have a surprise for us, but they do not offer “traditional celebration packages “. The rest of the recommendations were all suggestions we could get once on board. 

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, vikkster said:

Does anyone know if the Rockstar agent can be contacted before the cruise to plan some surprise birthday celebrations? 

According to all the information we received prior to the cruise, "Yes." In reality, it didn't work all that well. When you login to your VV account and open the booking, there should be a "Content your Rockstar Agent" form somewhere. I honestly can't remember exactly where, but I reached out to the agent twice before the cruise. That was about 2 months before the cruise.  I heard back about a week before we sailed. So the theory is you can reach your Rockstar Agent before the cruise, but it's hit or miss.

Your Agent should be there to meet you in the Terminal on embarkation day so you can also go over any birthday plans that day too. But reach out in advance because it does appear they at least get the messages. Your Travel Agent can also reach out to their contacts at VV to help arrange something. 

3 hours ago, WheresWalter said:

Your Travel Agent can also reach out to their contacts at VV to help arrange something. 

Definitely using a TA from here on out with VV. I’ve seen some TA’s organize group events successfully. Maybe something they will improve on as time goes on, but my experience with other cruise lines is about the same. I’ve spent a lot of time on hold this year.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/5/2022 at 12:26 PM, Fogcityca13 said:

Definitely using a TA from here on out with VV. I’ve seen some TA’s organize group events successfully. Maybe something they will improve on as time goes on, but my experience with other cruise lines is about the same. I’ve spent a lot of time on hold this year.

Yep, we have taken 18 cruises or so across 8 different cruise lines. We always use a TA. They're 100% free so why wouldn't you use one?!? 😄

• Like 1

6 hours ago, WheresWalter said:

Yep, we have taken 18 cruises or so across 8 different cruise lines. We always use a TA. They're 100% free so why wouldn't you use one?!? 😄

Absolutely no reason not to use one.  If you don't, the cruise line keeps what would have been their commission.  I'd rather support  a small family owned business, and I WILL take advantage of their services rather than going thru the cruise line.  Another huge point, if you ever need help with a dispute with the cruise line, submitting an insurance claim, or whatever, the agent is on your side!  With VV, the big thing is not waiting on hold forever. Another point, my TA is on the same cruise I'm on next.  If they haven't straightened out my Sailor's Loot, we both have documentation.  Agent says no worries, it WILL be right.

• Like 1

Not to hijack the thread, but I have probably been lucky and also enjoyed over planning my travels. Also my first experience with a TA was pretty bad. The hotel was supposed to be a two bedroom that we would share with my mom the night before our honeymoon cruise. It was not, so the wife got the couch and I got the floor. Then she booked adjoining with good old mom for us. Happily found a good TA and so far so good.

• Like 1