Itinerary Change

19 minutes ago, hollins2007 said:

Ah, I had to google it because I didn't remember exactly where it was, but I must've passed it several times!  My now-husband, then-boyfriend worked in SW Virginia for one of the political parties in 2016.  His jurisdiction went from Radford all the way down to the tip of the state, which he drove all over for meetings, events, etc.  He lived in Abingdon so I'd drive down to see him, or we'd meet halfway in Wytheville for dinner.

It's a beautiful area down there!  I hope you're enjoying it!  If you haven't had a chance yet, seeing a play at the Barter Theater is pretty cool, or going for a walk on the Virginia Creeper Trail.  That's probably only an hour or so from you.

That's funny we were originally looking in the Abington area, have seen the Barter Theater when looking for houses in that area. But on the way down from NJ to Abingdon , we stopped in to see a House in the Draper Valley Golf Course Community. Fell in love with it and the area and when we got down to Abingdon nothing really compared.

You sure did pass it many times on your drive to Abingdon.

20210425_091342.thumb.jpg.2a8114c91b566c0e042a85db1dc0e1b1.jpg

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 3

12 hours ago, hollins2007 said:

Thank you!

June 2023.  Yeah, after I got the email I searched the website for alternatives and it was still showing our cruise (Mariner) going in June.  It may take some time for RCL to update the itineraries on the website, I'm guessing.

We would rather not fly to the departure port at this point, and Orlando is within driving distance (7-8 hours).  But I was looking up cruises with other lines in 2024, there are some out of Ft. Lauderdale which adds a couple of hours but may be doable.  But we've decided to keep this cruise, and just consider the ABC islands the following year.

Check out Carnival Celebration leaving from Miami on June 17 for 8 nights.  Or, Celebrity Equinox leaving from Fort Lauderdale on June 24 also for 8 nights.  Both go to Aruba and Curaçao.  Good luck. 

On 10/5/2022 at 1:27 PM, hollins2007 said:

I'm more venting, and also wondering if this happens often.

I’ve been on somewhere between 12 and 15 cruises in the last decade, and three of them have had itinerary changes after going on board. All due to weather. And other cruises have had changes such as entertainment getting canceled, or excursions getting canceled.  So you have to be willing to go with the flow to some extent… The alternative is to be crabby. To this day I am still disappointed by those cruises in which our itineraries changed, so I sympathize with your predicament.  At least they’re announcing in advance.  Also, some Bermuda stops have been cancelled recently due to excess fees.

For your cruise, Since they’ve added an extra port stop, you may want to find out if they’re increasing your port fees, or are they throwing in that extra stop for free?

I’ve been on somewhere between 12 and 15 cruises in the last decade, and three of them have had itinerary changes after going on board. All due to weather. And other cruises have had changes such as entertainment getting canceled, or excursions getting canceled.  So you have to be willing to go with the flow to some extent… The alternative is to be crabby. To this day I am still disappointed by those cruises in which our itineraries changed, so I sympathize with your predicament.  At least they’re announcing in advance.  Also, some Bermuda stops have been cancelled recently due to excess fees.

For your cruise, Since they’ve added an extra port stop, you may want to find out if they’re increasing your port fees, or are they throwing in that extra stop for free?

2 minutes ago, styxfire said:

They will only increase port fees for new bookings. All existing bookings port fees and taxes are locked in.

Edited by Spurschick
  • Thanks 1

My family and I booked this same itinerary for August 4 and received the email yesterday. We were so excited to cruise to the Southern Caribbean - never been to the ABC islands. But we’ve never been to any of the islands on the new itinerary either. We’ll try again in 2024. 

I was wondering myself why the change, but unless they change it again to someplace we’ve been before, we’ll be onboard on August 4, 2023. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sosdance said:

My family and I booked this same itinerary for August 4 and received the email yesterday. We were so excited to cruise to the Southern Caribbean - never been to the ABC islands. But we’ve never been to any of the islands on the new itinerary either. We’ll try again in 2024. 

I was wondering myself why the change, but unless they change it again to someplace we’ve been before, we’ll be onboard on August 4, 2023. 

Yeah, so the itinerary we both originally picked, now has 4 dates listed (May 12, 26, June 23, and July 21).  Meanwhile, this new itinerary has 3 (June 9, July 7, August 4).  I guess they have to change things up for some reason!

But hey, still an adventure in the Caribbean, right?

• Like 1