Forward Facing Club Class Mini on Enchanted Princess

suzyed

So happy to read this thread! 

We are in a forward suite on Sapphire in May & I have been SO scared after reading some comments re limitations on these (can't open balcony door at certain times, motion, headwinds while underway, etc.).

None of us are especially prone to sea sickness, so I think I will quit worrying?  In my concern, I have put in a [low] bid for an Aft Grand Suite, but we know that Aft cabins really haven't been our favorite in the past.....

This is a reschedule from 2020, & our first cruise since then.....  SO hoping it is special!

2 hours ago, cruisewkid said:

We are in a forward suite on Sapphire in May & I have been SO scared after reading some comments re limitations on these (can't open balcony door at certain times, motion, headwinds while underway, etc.).

There's no restrictions at all about going out when at sea.  If the wind is howling you may not want to go around to the front but you may find a spot on the side of the balcony that is less windy.  The only rule is that you need to keep the curtains in your cabin closed at night when the lights are on in the cabin.  That's to keep the lights from interfering with navigation.  When we would go out there at night we would simply turn off the light in the living room area (on the side of the ship, where the sliding door opens) and step out.  Hope you enjoy it!

I have stayed in three out of four of these cabins on several of the ships (Royal, Majestic and Discovery) and will say that if you are at all prone to sea sickness, forget about it!  Also, you absolutely MUST be sure to have the balcony slider all the way closed before you open the stateroom door as the wind tunnel it creates when both doors are open is INTENSE (this gets old for me because I order food/drinks to the room a lot or have family members in and out often). I have had stewards tie down the furniture more often than I haven't which is a bummer for that morning coffee (having to untie everything myself before sitting). One other thing I didn't see mentioned is that the size of the couch is not as large as the ones in other CC mini's. It's awkwardly small; a 5'6" tall person cannot fit lying down.  

All that said, the balcony is indeed much bigger (but the living space is considerably smaller than all other CC mini's) so it really all depends on what is a priority for you.