Forward Facing Club Class Mini on Enchanted Princess

suzyed

8 minutes ago, cruisecrazy82 said:

Those forward facing balconies are huge! I would snag one of those for sure if it were me 😀

I see that but we just watched a video and the cabin has a strange configuration...a big square but not really divided like a regular one? What did you think?  And would the forward facing Club Class Mini be different?

44 minutes ago, suzyed said:

I see that but we just watched a video and the cabin has a strange configuration...a big square but not really divided like a regular one? What did you think?  And would the forward facing Club Class Mini be different?

We've stayed in these, and we think the configuration is great. The bedroom area is set aside from the living room, sliding glass door, and bathroom. That allows my hubby to get up way too early, as he always does, and lets him move around quite a lot without bothering me. I don't know what video you saw, where it looked like these are just a big square, but that's not how they are at all.

• Like 1

Have stayed in M107 twice - once on the Majestic and once on the Regal.  The cabin layout is two rooms, kind of a shrunken down full suite with a mini suite bathroom.  The sliding glass door is on the side and there is a window in the bedroom facing forward.  The balcony is huge and we love this location.  The only issue is that if you're sensitive at all to the motion of the ocean you'll feel every wave up there.  And there may be times when you're underway that you won't want to be on the balcony if there's a good headwind.  But otherwise it's a great cabin.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

Have stayed in M107 twice - once on the Majestic and once on the Regal.  The cabin layout is two rooms, kind of a shrunken down full suite with a mini suite bathroom.  The sliding glass door is on the side and there is a window in the bedroom facing forward.  The balcony is huge and we love this location.  The only issue is that if you're sensitive at all to the motion of the ocean you'll feel every wave up there.  And there may be times when you're underway that you won't want to be on the balcony if there's a good headwind.  But otherwise it's a great cabin.

Boy! I sure an not seeing that on any of the Youtube videos. They are showing the bed and across from the bed is the couch.  There's a TV at the foot of the bed and then another by the vanity. There are not two separate rooms.

2 minutes ago, suzyed said:

Boy! I sure an not seeing that on any of the Youtube videos. They are showing the bed and across from the bed is the couch.  There's a TV at the foot of the bed and then another by the vanity. There are not two separate rooms.

This is the video I took of M107 on the Majestic last year.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, suzyed said:

Well that looks great! Is that classified as a Club Class forward facing Mini?

Yep!  They are classified as M6 and there are two like this - M107 and M108.  These have the massive balconies that span out over the bridge.  L107 and L108 are also M6 and are slightly larger inside with a smaller but still decent size balcony that is larger than most of the balconies on the ship (except for M107/M108 and of course the aft full suites).  The layout is identical on all of the Royal class ships.

• Like 1

As others have said we love the M6 cabins too on the Royal Class ships. For us they feel like a smaller full suite with a very large balcony. We’ve stayed in L107 on the Majestic and have L107 booked on the Royal in November and January. Since there are only 4 cabins available on the Royal class ships they are hard to come by so if you can book one you should. I don’t think you’ll be disappointed. 

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
On 10/5/2022 at 8:02 PM, azbirdmom said:

This is the video I took of M107 on the Majestic last year.

Hubby and I have M108 booked for a 10-day Alaska cruise on Majestic sailing 9/16/23 (inc. Glacier Bay and Hubbard).  We are early 50’s and bringing both sets of parents (active 70’s).  Parents are booked in Club Class mini’s on the humps, both have nice angled balconies.  Our 1st cruise on Princess;  first-ever cruise for my parents;  first Alaskan cruise for all. 

Can I asked how you liked M107 overall?  Was it absolutely spectacular for Glacier Bay/Hubbard?  We plan to have our parents for a viewing party on our balcony those days.  Also, hubby is dying to know if they tie up the chairs every night?  Was hoping to have breakfast/hot cocoa delivered most mornings, and sit outside (weather permitting)… maybe even splurge for the “champagne balcony breakfast” in Glacier Bay.  September can’t come soon enough!  🙂

Do you happen to have any other blogs/videos/reviews of your Alaskan cruise on Majestic?  Would love to see more!  Many thanks.  

Edited by RobertsonCruisoe

Was in L107 on Sky Princess.  I absolutely love these forward facing cabins.  The balcony is unreal, and ours was smaller than what yours will be.  Our experience has been in the Caribbean, and I simply cannot imagine how spectacular viewing the glaciers will be. They did not tie up the chairs at night.  Enjoy, and please come back with your review!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RobertsonCruisoe said:

Also, hubby is dying to know if they tie up the chairs every night?  Was hoping to have breakfast/hot cocoa delivered most mornings, and sit outside (weather permitting)… maybe even splurge for the “champagne balcony breakfast” in Glacier Bay.  September can’t come soon enough!  🙂

This seems to depend on the cabin steward. We've had them when the steward just tucked the furniture into the cubbies in the steel railing, and we've also had one where the steward tied them up every night. 

We love these cabins, but there is a little nit that I didn't see mentioned in my quick scan of the posts. If it's foggy you will definitely be hearing the fog horn in one of these cabins. 

• Like 1

Can I asked how you liked M107 overall?  Was it absolutely spectacular for Glacier Bay/Hubbard?

We LOVED it.  We've actually been in the same cabin on two different Royal class ships - the Majestic and Regal - and think it's the best cabin to be in if you're not in a full suite.  The cabin itself is sort of like a shrunken down full suite with two rooms.  The bed faces forward and with the curtains open you have a spectacular view.  In Alaska we did have the misfortune of being there during an "atmospheric river" which limited our time outside.  But the weather cleared a bit for Glacier Bay and it was amazing.  Some neighbors on their balconies thought we were on a public deck and asked how they could get to it.  We said bring wine and you can access it LOL.  The only thing is that if you are the least bit prone to seasickness you will feel every wave up there.  So if you think you may be affected take precautions!

Also, hubby is dying to know if they tie up the chairs every night?

They do.  At night they are tied up under the railings and they will put them out during the day.  Remember that you are right over the bridge.  As one steward said if they don't tie them up they will get complaints from the bridge because when they will make quite a racket when the wind pushes them around.  We actually had them tied down during a storm that came up after we left Glacier Bay and I made a video of that (see attached).

Do you happen to have any other blogs/videos/reviews of your Alaskan cruise on Majestic?

Just the videos I've posted, no blogs.  I did do a "live from" of the Majestic cruise (August 9, 2021) and it was the third cruise that Princess sailed following the restart of cruising.  Wifi was awful so I think most of the tread is people not on the ship asking questions that I and others struggled to answer.  I tried!  We've been to Alaska many times and would be happy to answer any questions you may have.

By the way you said you will be there in September.  If conditions are right you may get lucky and be able to see the Northern Lights and your balcony would be the prime place for viewing since you won't have light pollution up there.  It has to stay dark above the bridge so that would be a bonus if it happens.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RobertsonCruisoe said:

Hubby and I have M108 booked for a 10-day Alaska cruise on Majestic sailing 9/16/23 (inc. Glacier Bay and Hubbard).  We are early 50’s and bringing both sets of parents (active 70’s).  Parents are booked in Club Class mini’s on the humps, both have nice angled balconies.  Our 1st cruise on Princess;  first-ever cruise for my parents;  first Alaskan cruise for all. 

Can I asked how you liked M107 overall?  Was it absolutely spectacular for Glacier Bay/Hubbard?  We plan to have our parents for a viewing party on our balcony those days.  Also, hubby is dying to know if they tie up the chairs every night?  Was hoping to have breakfast/hot cocoa delivered most mornings, and sit outside (weather permitting)… maybe even splurge for the “champagne balcony breakfast” in Glacier Bay.  September can’t come soon enough!  🙂

Do you happen to have any other blogs/videos/reviews of your Alaskan cruise on Majestic?  Would love to see more!  Many thanks.  

We were in L103 on the Regal (not a suite) and we so enjoyed this cabin! Our deck chairs were NEVER tied up and our sliding door was never locked. We only needed to be mindful of having our drapes closed at night and the porch light to be off. If our inside lights were off, we could step out onto our balcony.

It is a fabulous location!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, azbirdmom said:

By the way you said you will be there in September.  If conditions are right you may get lucky and be able to see the Northern Lights and your balcony would be the prime place for viewing since you won't have light pollution up there.  It has to stay dark above the bridge so that would be a bonus if it happens.

Thank you (everyone!) for the insight/words of wisdom.  So excited for this cabin, even if it is unusable at times (wind) and/or the chairs are tied up at night.  We know it will be the rainy season and are prepared for rain/fog every day, worst-case (anything less will be a happy bonus)!  Have been on 11 cruises to date, including some forward-facing, and only got seasick once (last night/packing, lots of bending up and down which proved to be a bad idea lol);  I now travel overly-prepared for the possibility.  🙂

We live in MN and are familiar with the northern lights, one of the reasons I booked this late sailing!  Hadn’t thought about the light pollution (or lack thereof), another bonus for booking this unique cabin.   We’re confident having this massive balcony on glacier days will be a once-in-a-lifetime experience.  Will totally make friends with our ship neighbors ahead of time, lol.  THANK YOU ALL so much!!!

Edited by RobertsonCruisoe
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, azbirdmom said:

We LOVED it.  We've actually been in the same cabin on two different Royal class ships - the Majestic and Regal - and think it's the best cabin to be in if you're not in a full suite.  The cabin itself is sort of like a shrunken down full suite with two rooms.  The bed faces forward and with the curtains open you have a spectacular view.  In Alaska we did have the misfortune of being there during an "atmospheric river" which limited our time outside.  But the weather cleared a bit for Glacier Bay and it was amazing.  Some neighbors on their balconies thought we were on a public deck and asked how they could get to it.  We said bring wine and you can access it LOL.  The only thing is that if you are the least bit prone to seasickness you will feel every wave up there.  So if you think you may be affected take precautions!

They do.  At night they are tied up under the railings and they will put them out during the day.  Remember that you are right over the bridge.  As one steward said if they don't tie them up they will get complaints from the bridge because when they will make quite a racket when the wind pushes them around.  We actually had them tied down during a storm that came up after we left Glacier Bay and I made a video of that (see attached).

Just the videos I've posted, no blogs.  I did do a "live from" of the Majestic cruise (August 9, 2021) and it was the third cruise that Princess sailed following the restart of cruising.  Wifi was awful so I think most of the tread is people not on the ship asking questions that I and others struggled to answer.  I tried!  We've been to Alaska many times and would be happy to answer any questions you may have.

Did you hear that whistling the whole time, during the storm?  Or, was your balcony door just not locked?  TIA

2 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

Did you hear that whistling the whole time, during the storm?  Or, was your balcony door just not locked?  TIA

It wasn't locked because the two stewards were on the balcony.  But we did find that we had to close it hard and lock it when the wind was howling, otherwise it would whistle.  At least we figured out what to do to eliminate the noise.

• Thanks 1

@azbirdmom "By the way you said you will be there in September.  If conditions are right you may get lucky and be able to see the Northern Lights and your balcony would be the prime place for viewing since you won't have light pollution up there.  It has to stay dark above the bridge so that would be a bonus if it happens."

Yes! Our first Alaska cruise was during the last week in August and we saw the Northern Lights. Our 2 daughters were with us making it even more special.

However, we have cruised Alaska three times in September and they did not appear.

• Like 1

One note which will be important to some guests - this category on many ships is two passenger only.  The sofa does not convert to a bed.  Probably for safety reasons due to the cabin configuration.

I was going to bid on it on our upcoming cruise, but can’t lose the pull out.  It’s the only time our daughter wants to sleep in her own bed!