Fram and Roald Amundsen skipping Port of Callao (Lima)?

PhD-iva

My tour guide in lima tells he just got a cancellation from clients who are booked on Hurtigruten cruises bc they will skip the port of Callao (Oct 15 is mentioned).
Can anyone shed some light for us? I’m booked on a Regent cruise, (hopefully) debarking in Callao in November. Thx!

I have just had notification from Hurtigruten that my entire tour (Galápagos islands, Ancient History and Highlights of South America) has been cancelled.

We are already in Quito doing a few days independent touring and should join the Hurtigruten tour on Monday 10th Oct in Quito before flying out to the Galápagos for a few days and then flying to Lima to join MS Fritjof Nansen to sail down to Valparaiso. Our Hurtigruten tour then continues with an add on to Easter Island before returning to Santiago. We leave the Hurtigruten tour there and have a couple of days booked independently along with our flight back to the UK.

This is the reason we were given in the email:

Peruvian authorities currently operate strict COVID-19 regulations, including a full ship quarantine if there is a single positive case on board. We liaised closely with Peruvian authorities and received signals from local partners that these stringent infection control measures would be lifted in time for your expedition. However, we have not received confirmation from authorities that such restrictions have been removed.

After careful consideration and consultation with relevant authorities, we have taken the difficult decision to cancel your upcoming expedition due to the potential impact on our guests, crew and ship. The cancellation also applies to any hotels, flights, and pre- and post-cruise programmes booked through Hurtigruten Expeditions. We are very sorry for this development.

We, as you can imagine, are not only extremely disappointed but we are frantically trying to find out what we can do.

At the moment, we have no idea about what to do so will sleep on it and see how we feel in the morning. 
One thing is for sure……..I will never, ever, book a tour like this one where I add on parts independently because if things go wrong there is no help!

Hi PhD-Iva just to let you know that we had some good news today from Hurtigruten. Our cruise is going ahead but we are boarding in Guayaquil, Ecuador, instead of Lima and we will not dock in Peru at all. There is a very good chance that something similar will be arranged for you Regent cruise.

happy travels 

Isabel

38 minutes ago, Izzywiz said:

Hi PhD-Iva just to let you know that we had some good news today from Hurtigruten. Our cruise is going ahead but we are boarding in Guayaquil, Ecuador, instead of Lima and we will not dock in Peru at all. There is a very good chance that something similar will be arranged for you Regent cruise.

happy travels 

Isabel

I’m so pleased that your cruise has not been canceled but has just been modified. Yes, I expect something similar will happen to my cruise. But I feel bad for my Peruvian tour guide who will be losing his income.